I've done my first mods - DRLs, Rear tints and Stubby Aerial - How many more to come?

leet8845

The time has come to start adding mods here and there.

I ordered some DRLs off ebay for about £80 delivered. They arrived last week. I had to remove the front bumper to wire them up but it wasn't too hard.

post-20040-0-13937200-1411414483_thumb.jpgpost-20040-0-17185600-1411414747_thumb.jpgpost-20040-0-52638200-1411414834_thumb.jpgpost-20040-0-40184300-1411414838_thumb.jpg

I've also had the rear windows tinted and fitted

post-20040-0-58952800-1411415010_thumb.jpg

I'm getting my alloys done and new tyres fitted this week so there'll be more to come :)

Edited by leet8845
  • Like 2

They come with a relay. 1 wire to sidelights or low beam. 1 live and 1 earth to power them, then they switch off with your sidelights or low beam. You can get a relay that will dim them with low beam rather turning them off for about £8 but that'll mean taking the bumper off again :yawn:

So Lee, you coming to Cosford next month to show your new Speedo's off? Sorry, I meant your new mods :doh:

I'm not sure about paintballing but if there's a track day or go-karting, count me in :)

I've got some new goodies to fit :teeth:

post-20040-0-75775300-1411584891_thumb.jpg

I'm getting my alloys redone in titanium silver and having new tyres fitted tomorrow. I got some Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas to go on the front and some part-worn (7mm) bridgestone RE050As for the back. Picked up shiny 'Z' tyre caps :D Also got a Zunsport lower grille to go on soon.

How long is it safe to go without eating? :lol:

I went for gunmetal grey after seeing the colours on wheels on the day. Very happy with how they turned out and that the company did it all in just under 9 hours. Another place wanted my car for 5 days. Just have to paint the rusty bit on the inner brake disc because it sticks out more now.

S4tfqsk.jpg

kNA23Ot.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks guys. I agree about the DRLs from the side, they don't look great however I love them from the front so that more than makes up for it for me over the old reflectors.

zeETDRL.jpg

Next up are a Ings front lip spoiler and front/rear mud flaps I picked up cheap off Ebay. Just waiting for them back from the body shop :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Come on guys, it's just the bare essentials to tidy her up a bit...

At least, that's how I justify it to myself :lol:

Next to go in.

WIYCgOo.jpg

Haha yep that's how it starts though after you've done those bits you'll be looking for things to do !

No, it's a few more things and I'm done....or perhaps a few more then I'm done for sure :lol:

I also got one of these after I couldn't get hold of a Nismo one. It's a similar style, it's heavy and was only £12 delivered. Looks very nice once fitted. I'll post some pics once my stereo is in.

8Be8Rfh.jpg

oh dear, you are a lost cause. Infected and incurrable..

Yep another one bites the dust. :lol:

Might as well remortgage the house now leet, tell the Mrs to stop expecting Birthday/Christmas presents of any significant value and start looking at what you can sell from your house to support your habit. :D

• Like 1

It's all under control, I took out a big loan that will only take me a mere 10 years to pay off, worth it to look cool rolling down the street ;):lol:

I'd been waiting for some nice weather for better pics but it looks like it going to be raining for the next week. I still have the spacers to come, need to mod the front number plate and I'm going to color code the sticky out DRLs to make them more pleasing to eye. She's not quite in her final form yet :lol:

I've fitted the body bits, muds flaps, front spoiler and grille. Also put it in the stereo and reverse camera.

7tHj8vO.jpg

mn4wgqQ.jpg

lG0YUnI.jpg

yZgPsUo.jpg

qzZFSwq.jpg

ZzN45ZC.jpg

• Like 2