First ever wheeler dealers!

AliveBoy

Currently watching the first ever wheeler dealers! Ed China is literally using a hammer to mend a dent in a porsche 924 and they've got a door straight off a scrap heap :lol: It's all very 90's television between the graphics, lack of safety equipment and lack of waistlines on ed and Mike :lol:

Or when Mike lies on TV! He told the buyer "genuine porsche decals" 2 minutes earlier you saw ed fitting the "replica decals as porsche don't make them anymore" I know it's only small, but if he lies when the camera is on, imagine what he's like when it's off!

Is the buggy one where they make a massive loss?

Do love a bit of Wheeler Dealers. I can only think of 2 abominations that they've done... The RX7 and they did some sort of track / drift car... can't remember what that was though. The RX7 is still one of the worst cars I've ever seen anywhere.

• Like 2

Interesting fact here ~ when they're adding up all the costs etc most people including myself at one point would say, "that's such bo**ocks, what about all the hours that Ed's put into it as labour?!".

Well the reason I've heard that they don't take into account all the man hours that Ed puts in is because the whole idea of the show is that it is something you at home can do yourself, ...and of course you wouldn't charge yourself for labour.

I only heard that a while ago and the show makes much more sense when you think about it like that. ;)

• Like 2

Interesting fact here ~ when they're adding up all the costs etc most people including myself at one point would say, "that's such bo**ocks, what about all the hours that Ed's put into it as labour?!".

Well the reason I've heard that they don't take into account all the man hours that Ed puts in is because the whole idea of the show is that it is something you at home can do yourself, ...and of course you wouldn't charge yourself for labour.

I only heard that a while ago and the show makes much more sense when you think about it like that. ;)

True but that means he's working for about 50p an hour with the profit they make.. Plus all the parts they fail to mention when totting up the costs. It's just entertainment at the end of the day. :p

True but that means he's working for about 50p an hour with the profit they make.. Plus all the parts they fail to mention when totting up the costs. It's just entertainment at the end of the day. :p

No it means he's working for nothing. ;) Just like you or I would if we where working on our own cars.

Example: I go out & buy an MX5 for a £1000 ~ buy £500 worth of parts to fix ~ spend 6 hours of my free time fitting parts ~ then sell the MX5 for £3000.

Profit for me is £1500. :thumbs:

• Like 1

No it means he's working for nothing. ;) Just like you or I would if we where working on our own cars.

Example: I go out & buy an MX5 for a £1000 ~ buy £500 worth of parts to fix ~ spend 6 hours of my free time fitting parts ~ then sell the MX5 for £3000.

Profit for me is £1500. :thumbs:

Working for nothing and making money don't go hand in hand, I'm pretty sure he would have to declare the profits to the tax man as they're bought with the intention to sell. So basically, he's working for peanuts.

One thing that always makes me chuckle with WD is how Ed 'discovers' there's an issue with the car and has to order a replacement part, more so with the cars from overseas.

Said part then arrives in the post and Ed is seen unpacking it like a kid at Christmas - still wearing the same clothes he was wearing when he discovered the problem! :lol:

media-98525-349250.jpg

FORD THUNDERBIRD

375]
1st September

Sold as the world’s first sporty luxury car, the Thunderbird sold healthily in its day. Mike is searching for a 57’ edition that can make him a profit.

media-98526-349251.jpg

JAGUAR XJC

375]
8th September

The XJC is a two door version of the XJ6 four door saloon. The last Jaguar to be designed by Sir William Lyons, this iconic ‘corporate sports car’ will attract admirers.

media-98527-349252.jpg

AUDI TT

375]
15th September

Mike hunts down the cheapest Audi TT Quattro he can find- which is at the end of a 300 mile journey down to Cornwall. Can Edd fix the gearbox and make a profit for them?

VW SPLIT-SCREEN

22nd September

A California car makes for a remarkably rust free bus to buy but at a premium. Mike turns his back on the surfer set in search of an air-cooled icon of his very own.

BMW Z1

29th September

Mike is on the lookout for a two-seat roadster with attitude in the form of the original BMW Z1. This zippy sports car could make a tidy profit when Edd gets stuck in.

media-98680-349846.jpg

VETERAN CAR

375]
6th October

To celebrate their 100th car Mike and Edd restore a Darracq Type L. Will they be ready in time to face their toughest ever test drive – the London to Brighton Run?

media-98528-349253.jpg

LINCOLN CONTINENTAL

375]
13th October

Mike tracks down a Lincoln Continental, which set new style standards for luxury sedans in the 1960s. But tastes have changed and Edd hatches a refurb plan.

VIEW MORE

No 240z listed for the new series ? maybe the next ?

Edited by GIXXERUK

o7dnkwdq.jpg?0913

• Like 1

Do love a bit of Wheeler Dealers. I can only think of 2 abominations that they've done... The RX7 and they did some sort of track / drift car... can't remember what that was though. The RX7 is still one of the worst cars I've ever seen anywhere.

Which was all a scam as they "sold" it back to the guy they bought it from, much hilarity was had on the rx7 forums over that one, didnt do ownership any favours either ;)