Eibach Spacers - Handling!

PMX

I know that this has been discussed many times before but would be interested I peoples personal opinions/experience of how fitting spacers affects handling?

I would be fitting Eibach spacers(well Mitz at CS would be fitting :)) 20 front/25 rear, no other changes to set-up. My car is a GT with Rays alloys.

I have 25's all round on my 350 Roadster. When first fitted they really changed the feel of the car. It didn't feel right, but that was just because I had become used to how it already felt without the spacers. A year or so down the line and the handling while different doesn't feel any worse just different. :)

Thanks for all the reply's. A little concerned that it may effect the handling a bit? :wacko:

But got to admit, they really improve the look of the car, so think I will get some anyway :teeth:

I can always take them off if I don't like the feel of the car?

• Like 1

Thanks for all the reply's. A little concerned that it may effect the handling a bit? :wacko:

But got to admit, they really improve the look of the car, so think I will get some anyway :teeth:

I can always take them off if I don't like the feel of the car?

Don't just take them off straight away if you don't like it, give it a few weeks and you wont

even know you got them on. :thumbs:

• Like 2

They will affect the handling. They will also affect braking and acceleration.

Whether you'd actually notice any of that depends on how keen your senses are. Most people won't, but some will and it will drive them crazy.

agreed, you can feel it has a wider track but you can adapt to the feeling as if it's a different car, as you say maybe some people can't, I fitted them soon after buying the car so I was never use to the feel anyway

Had 20/25's on my 350 before fitting my LMGT4 alloys.

There was a slight difference in handling however I thought it felt more planted with the slightly wider stance.

As Will said, give them a fair test then make up your own mind. Its personal preference at the end of the day :)

Feels more planted IMO, maybe slightly heavy turning when at low speeds. The wider stance is worth it though B)

Tarmac Sports are doing another group buy on 20f/25r spacers, £100 for the full set which is a bargain! They look identical to the Eibach spacers in terms of the build and will save you £100+.

Link here if it helps: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/90269-ts-350370z-20mm-and-25mm-spacers-group-buy-100/#entry1354767

Hi Cookie, yes got my name down on the Tarmac GB, timing is perfect!

Really looking forward to seeing my car with this modification and, everyone, thanks for your comments re handling, I am sure it will be fine......and like the idea that it will be more 'planted'

• Like 1