off topic - very cheap NY flights!

Squee

Hi all,

Very random for a Zed site but I know there's a lot of people on here who liked to travel and there's a stonking misprice right now on NY flights, £197 return from Manchester to NY with Virgin in Jan and Feb next year (would make a great Xmas pressie for your other half).

This should get the calender up that lets you select the dates...

http://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/man/ewr/cheap-flights-from-manchester-to-new-york-newark.html?oym=1501&iym=1501

- click in-direct flights to get the best price (but its a quick and easy transfer in Atlanta so not so bad), booking is with NetFlights.

This really is a great price, esp as the transatlantic leg is with Virgin

Maybe we can have a 350Z-UK meet in Manhattan ;)

S.

• Like 2

Maybe try netflights.com direct? I booked 13-18 Jan about 30 mins ago and it went through fine. Remember to select in=direct flights.

Hope you find something!

S

edit, yep, still available on those dates: http://www.netflight...1&journeytype=R includes all taxes, baggage and meals BTW.

Also got 11-16 Feb for £198...take her for Valentine's Day guys!

Edited by Squee
  • Like 1

Yea Pete, can be a bit chilly! I was there in Jan a few years ago and it was pretty cold to be fair but if you're walking about it's not too bad. I had to wait at a bus stop for a tourist bus for 30 mins and it was horribly cold if you're standing still. Brrrrr!

S.

Maybe try netflights.com direct? I booked 13-18 Jan about 30 mins ago and it went through fine. Remember to select in=direct flights.

Hope you find something!

S

edit, yep, still available on those dates: http://www.netflight...1&journeytype=R includes all taxes, baggage and meals BTW.

Also got 11-16 Feb for £198...take her for Valentine's Day guys!

Jan in New York...Your Mad..I once spent 2 weeks in Feb in NY in a Ice Storm as they call them

you could not go out as it was -25 and if you did most likely you would die from an ice fall from

a large building...spend an extra £90 and go in the Spring..! :cold: :cold:

To be fair though i'd be careful. Net flights appear to just be a broker, so whilst they may have miss priced, when they come to book your flights with Virgin Atlantic youll get an email saying they cant do it.

I've just been on the VA site and the prices are no where near these.

Fair play Marzman, thanks for that, I've had a confirmation invoice but I guess I might have an unwelcome email waiting for me in the morning. Will report back :thumbs:

Will...-25 does sound a bit grim to be fair but if New Yorkers can hack it I'm sure I can ;) I would have gone later in spring but I'm meant to be going snowboarding sometime in Feb/March so rules those months out. Although one year I REALLY want to do St Paddy's day in New York.

As I like conspiracies I was wondering maybe it's a deliberate misprice so they get bookings today...maybe people don't like booking to fly to NY on 9/11? I'll put my tinfoil hat back on now lol.

S.

Edited by Squee
  • Like 1

Had my e-tickets all come through so looks like the price has been honoured.

There's actually some even better goof-up fares still kicking about but act ASAP if you want them...some lucky gits have got Vegas for £270! I very almost got my creditcard out again as I found some tickets to Hawaii for £310 but thought I'd better calm myself down haha.

Link here if you want more info (but remember airlines could correct prices again soon) http://www.holidaypi...a-from-just-166

Doogy - Vancouver is on the cards sometime :D

S.

Edited by Squee

I've just been doing more digging on this. It looks like all prices to the Atlanta hub were wrong, so you could get anywhere in the states for less than £250. However reading on some forums (HotUKDeals etc) the prices were fixed in the last hour, and people have been getting emails to say their bookings have been cancelled.

If you dont hear anything Squee, i'd try to leave booking your hotel for as long as possible in case it gets cancelled.