Why wouldn't I buy this ....?

Jud1

http://www.tradelinkcars.co.uk/used-cars/nissan-350-z-3-5-v6-gt-3dr-railway-terrace-201408216773581

I'm not bothered by JDM spec (am I?)

I don't "think" I am overly worried about CatC - Would only effect resale value right?, of which ... I am not really looking to buy a car to sell it! .. looking to own for many years and make my own. (30K miles!)

Tradelink appear to be a reputable supplier of Z motors from my searching - and somewhere I could go back too with any grumbles

Will insurance premium hike?

Pitfalls?

What's your take?

thanks,

Justin

Personally I think you could do a lot better although nothing against trade link.There are plenty around on eBay and Pistonheads.Just find one with service history as these cars need looking after.Patience is the game..

• Like 1

For £6k you could buy privately and get a non write off, original colour, UK spec, later year, service history but with more miles?

Probably wouldn't lose much cash selling this on (private sale £5k?) but would would take you some time as there are a lot of zeds out there at the moment.

PS, nothing against tradelink in any of the above, just answering the guys question in terms of why wouldnt he.

• Like 1

Purchase from a dealer is a better option for me (will be putting it on CC and spreading the payments @ 0%)

Low mileage attracted me to this one, and if honest ... I've always liked white motors too ...:)

J

Purchase from a dealer is a better option for me (will be putting it on CC and spreading the payments @ 0%)

Low mileage attracted me to this one, and if honest ... I've always liked white motors too ... :)

J

Your money , Your choice. :thumbs:

This

Plenty of reasons not to buy - biggest one probably is that you don't have to buy straight away - always plenty on the market.

• Like 1

IMHO opinion you could get a UK GT with a few more miles and not a write off for the same money. If it wasn't a write off I expect that price, but as a write off it's a bit much TBH.

BTW the leather looks in awful bad shape for a 30k mile car… It's also not a "GT" because it doesn't have the rear spoiler and hasn't got cruise control.

• Like 2

Not making any sweeping assumptions on your financial status also - but if you are buying the whole car on CC I would have in your back pocket about £1k in cash to sort out any faults that may come along. New clutch and flywheel for instance is around £650-£700 to buy before labour costs etc.

If you don't want to be paying out immediately I would not be focusing on miles and instead be looking at the service history, clutch replacement, and so on and so forth.

• Like 1

thanks everyone .... as per title, I wanted to know why I wouldn't and I think you've all answered perfectly...... :)

Being a a bit of a Noob, having that kind of budget available - not wanting to buy a total shed - or buy something that immediately needs a new clutch or worse - the 30K miles really interested me..... and having looked for some time, I'd challenge anyone to find a motor with 30 or under for that money ... not looking to buy and sell, looking to buy and own forever and a day - really spend some years and ££££ making her totally mine - so the resale value is of no importance to me at all (famous last words!!!) .... ;)

I'll keep searching .......

Don't go by the mileage, mate, it could need a clutch at 30k, on the other hand you could find a car with 60k which has just had the clutch and flywheel changed which will be newer, better spec and the same money without the write off :)

• Like 1

Yes the mileage is a bit of a red herring. So in 12 years its done 2500 miles per year on average, so spent plenty of time sat around not moving. How has it been stored? Sat out on the road or garaged? When was the import and was it under-sealed? All these can combine to create rust problems etc.

As Kyle said, for the sake of 20k extra miles you could have had the car with a new clutch etc. There are people in the US who have Zeds on 250k miles so its not anywhere near the end of its life at 60k miles.

• Like 1

i think the reason its at that price is the colour finding a white pre facelift Z is rather rare,

would i pay that for it hell no,

but then alot of TL cars most think are well over priced but he sells them

if it comes with a decent 12 month warranty, fresh MOT, 12 months of tax and a good service and any repairs needed ie bushes etc have been replaced thats not a bad price for garage sold car just depends where you stand with Cat C and what the Cat C incident was (we've had this debate before cat C could be water damage from a flood which in turn isnt that bad)

Edit should have read the add :blush: cat c for key damage i wouldn't worry about it, to be honest i think the white looks tacky might be the picture but looks like they used ford transit white not a nice pearl you get on some classier cars , imo it would be worth so much more in the Red the car came in.

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1