350z vs audi tt rs

SJ350z

TTRS looks 90% like a bottom of the range TT - the Zed is designed to look like just what it is, a sports car with decent performance.

I could argue if there was only the TTRS available and no other variants you wouldn't be seeing it driven around by girls and it would be uber rare and probably a lot more desirable and we would all be drooling over its unique design :stir:

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

That video doesn't show exactly how modified each of the vehicles were. That TTRS was def modified, without a shadow of doubt.

The blue one in the second video has a stage 1 remap, no other mods

So technically this....

The APR Stage I ECU Upgrade gives you higher peak numbers of 410 horsepower and 447-ft. of torque, and gains of up to 76 horsepower and 95lb-ft are available throughout the power band!

Not bad for £1,200 + vat.

Why the hell didn't Nissan fit a turbo in the beginning. Obvious because of the GTR, but really, the 350 would have been the one to beat. Rather than being the underdog. But then looks and charisma stand leaps and bounds above Porsche, Audi and Beemers.

No,technically this. . . .

"The blue one in the second video has a stage 1 remap, no other mods".

I didn't quote power figs or manufacturer. If it helps I do believe that Harrison's car (the blue one in the 2nd vid) had a Revo stage 1 remap and was ~400bhp. Most of the stage 1 remaps (Revo, APR, MRC etc etc) will give ~400bhp on a TTRS with no other mods.

I don't know if my posts are being misinterpreted, I'm not trying to promote the TTRS as a better car than the Z, I own a Z! I've been purely responding to the OP's question about how fast was a TTRS with facts backed up with experience of owning one.

I was just trying to gauge a position of likely power bonus from stock but still 400 or 410 as above isn't going to make much difference.

Fact is the TTRS seems to perform VERY well in those vids, more so than the 400bhp or the important factor the torque. It seems to be making more of a dance than a stage one from those vids.

The GTR should have walked all over the TTRS and that particular GTR is not shy of any mods. Visually the vids don't add up.

I only made this thread out of curiosity :lol: 6 pages later...

My 2 cents on the TTrs - Looks great and based on looks yes I would own one. Think they take the slightly feminine shaped boring TT and make it into a beefy more manly car. The seats look similar to a Corsa VXR tho imo :shrug: Haven't driven one so very hard to comment on that side of things. No doubt would be awesome for performance but might not have quite the same feel as the Zed as others have stated.

Just a quick point to raise. Feel like some of you are being slightly patronizing and belittling me for making this thread? Was only curious and as previously stated my friend made out they were very very fast and then when I saw 340bhp I thought what he said and that figure didn't add up.

Very interesting to see so many replies though :)

• Like 1

My 2 cents on the TTrs - Looks great and based on looks yes I would own one. Think they take the slightly feminine shaped boring TT and make it into a beefy more manly car. The seats look similar to a Corsa VXR tho imo :shrug: Haven't driven one so very hard to comment on that side of things. No doubt would be awesome for performance but might not have quite the same feel as the Zed as others have stated.

Just a quick point to raise. Feel like some of you are being slightly patronizing and belittling me for making this thread? Was only curious and as previously stated my friend made out they were very very fast and then when I saw 340bhp I thought what he said and that figure didn't add up.

Corsa VXR :cloud9:

Now there is a Zed beater ;)

• Like 2

rubbish all about this

Veloster-Turbo-2_2354070b.jpg

Edited by StevoD

1 word. chavbox! (and yes I am aware its 2 words put together to make a word up! :p)

Edited by WINKJ

1 word. chavbox!

Totally agree there are some shocking Zeds about these days now they have got much cheaper :surrender:

• Like 2

1 word. chavbox!

Totally agree there are some shocking Zeds about these days now they have got much cheaper :surrender:

i DO agree with that!!!

My ears are burning

Thought it was just me lol

:shrug: i'm lost! why are ears burning

I didn't mention anyone :lol:

I bought my Zed because I thought it was beautiful, if I had seen some of the monstrosities around these days I would have run to the nearest Audi dealer to get a TTRS :stir:

Edited by spursmaddave

My ears are burning

I bought my Zed because I thought it was beautiful, if I had seen some of the monstrosities around these days I would have run to the nearest Audi dealer to get a TTRS :stir:

well youve kinda got to name them now

My ears are burning

Your earlier sarcasm regarding the VXR corsa threw me off and I was completely lost lol. I bought my Zed as I thought it looked awesome, was quick , sounds the nuts with an exhaust and isn't a common car. Then i filled her up with petrol and nearly had a fit lol. Don't regret it one bit though :D

I'd have to drive the TT before making any real assumptions about ownership.. then I'd need to rob the bank :lol:

Don't think its realistic in terms of money/car

My ears are burning

Your earlier sarcasm regarding the VXR corsa threw me off and I was completely lost lol. I bought my Zed as I thought it looked awesome, was quick , sounds the nuts with an exhaust and isn't a common car. Then i filled her up with petrol and nearly had a fit lol. Don't regret it one bit though :D

I'd have to drive the TT before making any real assumptions about ownership.. then I'd need to rob the bank :lol:

Don't think its realistic in terms of money/car

Sarcasm :shrug:

From a standing start you would expect the Audi to have the upper hand due to being a few hundred kilo lighter, probs be a different story over a longer distance or a rolling start taking into account a considerable power to weight ratio difference.