New car idea's

AJRFulton

Can't be more than 4 years old, in the first post. Shame, but I can see the logic.

oh well, but technically I wouldnt want to put 20k a year onto those either, so scratch that idea....

Whats the small BMW? M1?

Has the P word not even been mentioned yet :lol:

For the OP or the one that has never seen an Evora?

OP, maybe a bit harsh to call him a P for not knowing what an Evora was :lol:

perhaps a touch harsh, but he has already had to return his man card, so nothing left for him really ;)

Edited by grahamc

M135i, or the M235i if you want a boot. I discounted those as he said he wanted something that stands out.

The 2 door small one that Clarkson was raving about.......... cant remember the name/model now.

EDIT - 1M

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/1-series/1-series-coupe-m-2dr/2679155?isexperiment=true

Edited by grahamc

for me i see a car with passion, that is why i bought my Z...

I will always (if possible) buy a car that gives me pleasure and makes me smile. That’s why I didn’t buy a Boxter or a 3 series and bought a Z.

And what i choose has nothing to do with money or status. Again that’s why a bought a Z.

for me i see a car with passion, that is why i bought my Z...

I will always (if possible) buy a car that gives me pleasure and makes me smile. That’s why I didn’t buy a Boxter or a 3 series and bought a Z.

And what i choose has nothing to do with money or status. Again that’s why a bought a Z.

When doing 20k miles a year, head needs to rule the heart!

The 2 door small one that Clarkson was raving about.......... cant remember the name/model now.

EDIT - 1M

http://www.pistonhea...experiment=true

Great cars, not for the OPs budget though.

Got to be close.... especially if they are looking at RS5s and GTRs.

Cayman? I always give them a second look when I pass. Really like them.

There is a TTrs for sale for £33000 2012 plate. not much will keep you behind them in that!!

Actually a good call, is it the GTS that is the new one out? Supposed to be an awesome little car.... is it too expensive?

Edited by grahamc

370zs are special imo. Don't feel the same about the others. If you have fixed up your Zed I'd contemplate keeping mate. Give her a good wash and detail and appreciate her :) Also you said you didn't want to give nissan the custom by buying another 370 yet you'd take a GT-R ?

If you're set on change make a little short list :thumbs:

good luck bud

Actually, that's a good point: Does the budget allow for PCP as well as HP? Because that's going to open up a whole new world if so...

Or hell, go leased and do it that way.

Can't be more than 4 years old, in the first post. Shame, but I can see the logic.

oh well, but technically I wouldnt want to put 20k a year onto those either, so scratch that idea....

Whats the small BMW? M1?

perhaps a touch harsh, but he has already had to return his man card, so nothing left for him really ;)

:byebye: :byebye: :byebye:

• Like 2

Actually, that's a good point: Does the budget allow for PCP as well as HP? Because that's going to open up a whole new world if so...

Or hell, go leased and do it that way.

for that sort of mileage, lease is probably a good option

Whats the small BMW? M1?

:byebye: :byebye: :byebye:

:wave:

M135i, or the M235i if you want a boot. I discounted those as he said he wanted something that stands out.

M135i it is.

After visiting Nissan for my brakes... only to be told they couldn't take me (despite my car having a potentially dangerous fault).... I went a wander round the German marques.

Opted for a brand new M135i, white with red leather,8 speed auto, and high spec interior.

Once the figures were given, it actually became a no brainer. I'm getting £4.5k equity for the 370Z, and putting £500 in as a deposit for the car. My monthly payments are £60 less for the M135i, and I reckon if the test drive trip computers are accurate, I'll be £75-100 a month less on fuel. Add to that cheaper tyres, road tax, etc.... It's going to be costing me £200 odd less a month than the Z.

Yip, it has less soul, and definitely isn't as fun as the Z.... but it's a much nicer daily driver and engineered well. performance wise there will be very little between the Z and the M135i

I was just fuming coming from Nissan. They have the ability to infuriate.

I do hate the fact the M135i isn't a head turner. However, being used to the Z, I was massively impressed by how it drove in comparison..

but then again....... I don't need to put up with inquisitive idiots at petrol stations, saying ''nice car mate''.... ''is it a diesel'', and questions of the like.

I'll miss the Z. The car had soul..... it just didn't work very well...

However the M won't be ready until mid October, as I am quite anal with options. So hopefully 2mths of hassle free driving.

Edited by AJRFulton

It's a much better car by all accounts, so I think you've probably made the right choice for you. I'll have to get a go in one soon, I think.

I've never been sold on non dual clutch autos until today. To be honest, you could of put me in it and told me it was dual clutch, and I'd probably not of questioned it. It is a very good gearbox.

Drive wise it is very well.. German.

It's what you'd expect from a car that's had development input from the M division. Neat, polished, confident..... maybe not smile inducing though.