*sold* Full touchscreen in car PC setup

mattross1313

Had this sat in the garage since I sold the car, time to add this to the for sale collection. I spent the best part of 6 months sourcing, installing and fabricating this build and I was/still am over the moon with the finished article. Once installed the system is virtually invisible, which is what I was aiming for, and all parts look 'stock'. The touch screen sits behind the centre console cubby (above the HU) and was made to measure, it is also easily hidden when you close the cubby). The PC itself sits underneath the passenger 'glovebox' in the fake floor, to go above this I made a riser with a vent so you can still store things without damaging the PC. The small storage bin over the passengers shoulder was turning to a control panel with kill switches, reboot switches, LEDs and a temp gauge. Then the rear cubby (where the bluetooth module lives) I created a custom floor/moulded unit for some female USB and 3.5mm connections for charging phones, connecting devices etc.

The full system details are below. The system comes with all Z interior plastics shown in the picture, all wires are as removed from the car, and correct lengths. So you can quite literally drop everything in very easily, and it is all VERY easy to reverse. I designed all wiring to be non destructive (the only snip is to the rear reverse bulb wire). The audio comes from the 3.5mm output jack on the PC which feeds into the stock BOSE unit via the iPod hack.

The PC is (currently) set to boot up when you turn on the ignition and is booted up and playing music in around 11 seconds, it then auto shuts down when you turn off the engine. It hasn't put a foot wrong. Plays the usual music, movies (not that I have), Garmin Sat Nav Dash Command for clearing ECU codes, reading new fault codes and ODBII digital gauges (GTR Style currently) which are awesome for keeping an eye on the engine, even more awesome for cool points!! The reverse cam was excellent, had coloured grid guides to help show how close you were to things, and was wired up to come on the instant you engage reverse, whilst still playing music, then switch back to PC when you go back to neutral.

Hardware.

-Mini ITX Motherboard C8-HM70-M

-Kingston 120GB SSD HD

-4GB DDR3 RAM

-Mini WiFi USB adatper

-USB GPS receiver

-Reverse camera

-USB Bluetooth dongle

-OBDII USB reader

-7" Touchscreen

-M2-ATX power supply/commander

-USB panel

-Temp gauge

PC

Runs Windows 7

Centrafuse

Garmin Mobile PC

DashCommand

I'm sure I have missed things out but I will let the pictures do the talking below, will also load a video shortly. Taking into account all of the hardware up for grabs here, plus the time taken to source and build all the custom pieces I am not 100% sure how to price it.

Looking for £500. Included in this price I will also install it for you (at my place!).

2DFA3FA2-D3AE-45EB-B1B6-DB935D1AC51B.jpg

8D8F847D-3C20-4916-B14B-9A3E2E31583D.jpg

A130B8F0-2ADE-4C07-8B67-D6AC5DB5B62F.jpg

4E8AF55A-8053-4B7D-8E5C-B4A9B3C4029D.jpg

7D3CE0CF-046E-4CAC-A9A9-5DE163A33AC7.jpg

24725484-301C-446C-A4E6-9BAAB722D1AB.jpg

BD176766-A2FD-49EE-B8CF-1452825D7EA7.jpg

7B702B1E-B14F-4AA2-AF08-7FC2F136DEB7.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

Edited by mattross1313
  • Like 1

Looks like a great bit of kit ! But why would you need it .... ( genuine question)

If you don't want to get a pricey head unit to do all these things, or just for something cool. It's a mod, it's what we do here :) I embarked on this build as I like fettling with things and making custom pieces so it kept me busy in the garage for a few months :)

Mattross... wouId u consider Ietting me take the camera seperateIy? When I come over for the Samco hoses? :D

Hey matey, I would like to keep this as a whole kit for the buyer. However they can be ordered online separately for reasonable money. when I'm back in the office I'll drop you a PM if I can find the link :)

Looks like a great bit of kit ! But why would you need it .... ( genuine question)

If you don't want to get a pricey head unit to do all these things, or just for something cool. It's a mod, it's what we do here :) I embarked on this build as I like fettling with things and making custom pieces so it kept me busy in the garage for a few months :)

Fair enough :)

As said does look good !

GLWTS

Looks ace this! Where abouts are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based near Bournemouth in close proximity to the Zed Shed. Hopefully this will all be installed for the new owner over the BH weekend :)

Lucky bugger! How much would it cost me for you to make me another? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk