Traffic light cameras

Kev T

Has anyone noticed the old grey red light traffic cameras at junctions are slowly being replaced by digital cameras that record speed as well as stop / red light infringement, i have now seen 5 of these replaced mainly in wandsworth over the past couple of weeks, so be careful with speed going through junctions !

What I have noticed, which is odd as West Mids were apprently "turning off" all of their speed cams is that two which were burnt out, locally know "as decomissioning" were replaced with rather fancy looking and I assume digital ones. Why replace what has switched off.....

RE : Red light cams - I'm a biker 5 days a week please dont gamble a last minute red! :)

Shame they don't bother nicking cyclists for jumping red lights, all they have to

do is stick a plate on a bike and nick them...but they wont, in case they upset the Green Lobby,

So again its the motorist they are targeting, but I agree with nicking red light jumpers, but they

should not discriminate between cars and bicycles... :rant: :rant: :surrender:

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1

Like they don't already. Anyone who thinks that there isn't a database that records every time you pass an ANPR camera is kidding themselves.

Yes' up to a point, they will know your car has entered and exited and where its parked if you

use a smart app, but it wont tie up all the details of your journey internally within that zone

but soon will.. :scare: :scare:

In the very near future if you want to go and see your mistress in a City don't take your car..get a cab or bus..!! :thumbs:

Really?! Actually, I am surprised given the love for cameras in that part of the world.

Well, I did some checking and there are 16 fixed speed cameras in North Wales, 13 of which are in Flintshire and Wrexham, Anglesey and Gwynedd have none. There is also one on the English side of the border (by about a yard) between Flintshire and Cheshire. However, the "arrive alive" or "go safe" vans are far more likely to catch offenders as they move around between sites. This site on The A5 just up the road from Chris is a favourite spot for the "go safe" vans at weekends.

traffic2-web.jpg

Pete

Really?! Actually, I am surprised given the love for cameras in that part of the world.

Well, I did some checking and there are 16 fixed speed cameras in North Wales, 13 of which are in Flintshire and Wrexham, Anglesey and Gwynedd have none. There is also one on the English side of the border (by about a yard) between Flintshire and Cheshire. However, the "arrive alive" or "go safe" vans are far more likely to catch offenders as they move around between sites. This site on The A5 just up the road from Chris is a favourite spot for the "go safe" vans at weekends.

traffic2-web.jpg

Pete

Here's an interesting point. If you get nicked by one of the vans, you need to immediately check

who the operator of the camera was, because if he was a civilian operator you can contest it on the grounds

that he is "not a police officer and therefore has no powers to collect evidence of a crime". :thumbs: :thumbs:

Shame they don't bother nicking cyclists for jumping red lights, all they have to

do is stick a plate on a bike and nick them...but they wont, in case they upset the Green Lobby,

So again its the motorist they are targeting, but I agree with nicking red light jumpers, but they

That is a question i have always pondered..... why do cyclists not set them off when they go through at red, i have never seen a cyclist lit up !

That is a question i have always pondered..... why do cyclists not set them off when they go through at red, i have never seen a cyclist lit up !

The forum does not encourage or condone the burning of cyclists ;)

• Like 1

The forum does not encourage or condone the burning of cyclists ;)

:lol:

Bikes ok though right? :dry:

burning-bike.jpg

• Like 2

I had to laugh at South Wales attitude to cameras on our trip this weekend- nearly EVERY speed limit sign was alongside a camera sign and yet we probably saw 3 in 700 miles if driving. I assumed they were to allow mobile speed traps to operate (as per law) but to me it just looked like boy calling wolf/ signs cheaper than actual cameras!

The traffic light ones do sometimes record speed- I'm pretty sure they need lines on the road regardless though as they need to show the two images of the car on the scale separated by a specific amount of time between shots, in irder to prove the speed during prosecution.

To be fair though, if you're speeding through a traffic light you need to look at your driving anyway...