World of Warcraft

Mudman

I used to be heavily into this before I did the expat job. Thinking of starting up again. Played it for a few years (Pre first expansion) and had a few toons maxed out and geared up. Have missed 2 expansions so certainly plenty to catch up on on P v E as the raiding become all consuming

Anyone play ? Whats it like now ?

Nope leaving thread :lol: Spent too long on it.

Played first 3months into latest Exp solid, topped the server, then my internet died for a month. Started Dota 2, never looked back since ;)

Too much time spent sat around in the city's and playing the AH :lol:

• Like 3

My mate clocked up 260 odd days on this, that in itself is enough to steer me away from plaing it :lol:

I used to play and loved the "warcraft" games which were the same platform as age of empires, red alert, command and conquer etc.

I'm to easily lead to play a game like that :lol:

• Like 1

It's good now, I've played it since it first came out. Currently on hiatus as it's coming towards the end of the expansion.... I always try and quit but it never works.

The people who say it sucks compared to x expansion or vanilla are just looking through rose tinted glasses. :p

I must have clocked up a scary amount of hours on it over 9/10 years.

I played up to WOTLK but quite fancy getting into it again but will try to avoid the regimental type raiding at it got to a stage where the wife had to book me or first question would be are you raiding on such a night . We formed a guild for the more mature player and had a absolute scream for nearly 2 years before some people decided that they were gear hungry - Although we tried other MMORGS never quite managed to scratch the WOW itch. I'm not really into PVP being crap at it and lost intereted when they nerfed the low level Battlefied but had a good laugh up until then. I can just remember that in WoW everything was done very well and was the benchmark game - Also the people you played with also made the game what it was.

Also have converted from Windows to Mac so may try it on a mac mini or macbook air as looking at YouTube its doable

Is the Star Wars old republic any good ?

If you're going to play SWTOR you might as well just play WoW, I don't think many people play SWTOR anymore or any of those 'WoW killers'...

They do a thing now called Flex raiding or something (I don't slay magical puffy dragons, I PvP) where you can just queue up solo into a group of 25 and do the raids on a lower difficulty allowing you to see all the content. It was designed for those that can't fit a certain schedule or don't like 4 hour slogs etc etc. :)

My problem was I got too competitive with it, always wanted to have the best gear at the time, raid on HM etc - Just got stupid in the end :lol:

I thought SWTOR was crap compared to WOW. But when you spent so much time into one game, it's hard to move to another due to the familiarity of the original.

I can remember 2 weeks grinding out the rep for the Azure Drake !! Had a few 80's both Alliance and Horde was playing Boomkin when I froze my account, Did the death knight thing but never really bonded. first toon was a Hunter and a pet that was the guilds back up tank!, Easy class to play but hard to master. Karazhan and Naxx were fun. Was also good fun running your level 80 through instances that caused so much grief when levelling. A few ex guildies went on to Guild Wars2 but all came back to WoW after a few months.

Edited by Mudman

Im glad i have no idea thet the feck you are talking

Played first 3months into latest Exp solid, topped the server, then my internet died for a month. Started Dota 2, never looked back since ;)

Im really glad I have no idea what language you are speaking :surrender::lol:
  • Like 1

It's for the best, this is probably why I am single and you are not :lol:
  • Like 1

Warcraft could be an economical cure for Zeditius, If it grabs me like it used to may keep my pining to a minimun when it goes SORN for the winter months

It's for the best, this is probably why I am single and you are not :lol:

This is the order in which you do it..

Secure GF > WoW.

• Like 2

I spent far too much of my life playing this game in the past.

It was amazing, so involving, lot of fun and there has been no game to even get close to touching it. I've made quite a few good friends playing it but im not touching it again - its like crack cocaine and often felt like a second job helping organise raids

It's one of several geek languages Graham.

• Like 1

All im going to say is.. Southpark wasn't exaggerating :lol: :lol: Played on and off since release and agree that it is like crack cocaine lol. Played league of legends casually and tried to get competitive but computer games in general are too time consuming

Dota 2 is defiantly the way forward.

If you used to like wow try Wildstar its so much better, I have been playing it for a few months since it was launched. I have a small guild of friends on a server so if you do start playing let me know.

• Like 1

Yeeeeahhhh, so i tried this for 1 week, played a lot and then quit, vowing never to play it again. Reason was twofold; one, I didn't actually enjoy it all that much, it was just kinda consuming time plodding around doing random things that weren't that interesting. two, the reports from literally everyone that it is heavily addictive, linked in with reason one that I didn't actually find it all that rewarding play experience meant I didn't want to get hooked on a game I wasn't 100% on.

Instead I accidentally managed to get hooked on Minecraft, running servers, moderating for the Yogscast, making videos, spending WoW amounts of time playing basically. But hey, I met many friends, actual friends I meet up with in the real physical world, including my fiancee... who is trying to get me to play WoW!! Noooooooooo i say!

• Like 1