Any Guitarist on here? looking for new guitar!

hensh65

F**king love Guitar hero :lol:

I've also got the Metallica version of GH and the guitar.

I can't play that very well either :lol:

Me and my mate played it when it first came out. Literally 3 weeks ago went to a pawn shop and got 2 guitars and 4 guitar hero games for like £45! Few crates of beers, cracking night :lol:

• Like 1

For something that is a bit of an all rounder, I would go for a telecaster. Played a modern player and a mexican telecaster recently and I would go for the mexican all day long - pick a nice on up for half the budget you have going - really go and try one!

Does it need to be electric. What about a nice taylor semi acoustic?

• Like 1

For something that is a bit of an all rounder, I would go for a telecaster. Played a modern player and a mexican telecaster recently and I would go for the mexican all day long - pick a nice on up for half the budget you have going - really go and try one!

I have 1 semi, 1 3/4 semi and a full body acoustic. 3 and 3 would be nice :lol: my mate is in the market fforan american tele and he has had one before. Thats the only reason i wouldnt consider one :lol:

My Maverick - the last built by Mark James and customised for me by him

IMG_0363.jpg

I've also got a pre-Fender Jackson which is out on loan at the moment

Thats a cracker! :thumbs:

Shame it has a floyd rose! Not that i could afford it no doubt anyways :lol:

• Like 1

Love the sound of the telecaster, it's all about the twang for me. Bit of a country fan :lol:

yeah, I play!! Shame as I just sold my PRS Se with EMG humbuckers with a james hetfield set up in black. I also have a BC Rich warlock but you've already got one and as you probably know they're not the best to play on.

I should hope you play with a name like Rock_Steady :lol:

I put heavy gauge strings on the warlock and tuned it to Drop A. With heavy heavy distortion it sounds amazing! pinch harmonics just sound 5000times better when tuned a lot lower.

Have you considered Michael Kelly ?

I bought a MK Patriot last year, was looking for a LP style guitar but on a budget, I considered epiphone but had already been there and wanted something different but within budget so after lots of searching I came across this

2CE95834-30F2-4A00-88C2-9DA62D0C1500_zpsoazm867r.jpg

It's similar in style to a LP but much lighter, it's very well constructed with a maple cap and ebony fret board over a super slim neck has a great tone with push/pull volume/tone so it's switchable between double/single pick up sound and IMO sounds great through my Marshall half stack

They produce different styles but for me this ticked all the boxes :)

• Like 1

A MIM telecaster is not a good guitar for all round playing :surrender:

Unless you look at something like the jim root tele with EMG's it really isn't a versitle guitar.

Les paul all day long if it's versatility you're looking for, even the epiphones are cracking guitars. If you want a guitar that does great cleans and a awesome metal tone any Jackson with EMG's will do the job perfectly.

That is a lovely guitar but for £800 I dont want a copy of something, I will have a look at there other guitars though :thumbs:

I have played a few Jackson guitars and its not any better than my Ibanez other than than my Ibanez doesn't have EMG pick ups. I really am trying to avoid another metal guitar.

I really like how a Les Paul looks but like all the Gibson guitars I have played they all have a really fat neck which doesn't suit the things I tend to play.

Going at the weekend to try a few things so hopefully see something I like!

Going at the weekend to try a few things so hopefully see something I like!

Thats the best way!

I have a rather large collection of guitars and amps, infact I'd say i spend more on music than I do motoring and thats scary really :scare:

I've been quite good that way but when i get more space i will be investing in a electric drum kit.

No doubt i will over spend as you always end up seeing something that hit better that just happens to be 100 or so over budget :lol:

^^^ electric drum kits are ace, I'm not a drummer but have messed around with the Roland kits at my local PMT store (it really is called PMT no pun)

@hensh65 if it's not too far for you, you could have a drive over to PMT (professional music technology) in Brum they are the biggest music store I've ever been in, they're more like a supermarket for musical instruments, my favourite part is the wall of guitars but they cover all sorts from percussion to full drum kits, keyboards, amps and many many guitars and basses, recording equipment the list goes on :thumbs:

.....Didn't realise there were so many musicians on here looks like we're a talented bunch as well as having great taste in cars :)

Edited by tatooandy67

Didn't realise there were so many musicians on here looks like we're a talented bunch as well as having great taste in cars :)

We could start a band :teeth: ... ZEE ZEE TOP ...

... or maybe not :blush:

• Like 1

Didn't realise there were so many musicians on here looks like we're a talented bunch as well as having great taste in cars :)

I've got the beard to match that :lol:

:worthless: :worthless:

:worthless: :worthless:

There you go :lol: :lol:

3916268A-5990-4EAF-8EC7-03339094B8E1_zpswdimyrel.jpg

:lol: I even get a chance to show off my strat on a car forum :lol:

• Like 2

^^^ electric drum kits are ace, I'm not a drummer but have messed around with the Roland kits at my local PMT store (it really is called PMT no pun)

@hensh65 if it's not too far for you, you could have a drive over to PMT (professional music technology) in Brum they are the biggest music store I've ever been in, they're more like a supermarket for musical instruments, my favourite part is the wall of guitars but they cover all sorts from percussion to full drum kits, keyboards, amps and many many guitars and basses, recording equipment the list goes on :thumbs:

.....Didn't realise there were so many musicians on here looks like we're a talented bunch as well as having great taste in cars :)

@hensh65 just realised your location is Glasgow so scrub tha above comment about PMT Brum, they have stores throughout the uk though so may still be of some use to you :thumbs:

• Like 1