iPhone problem

twobears

The screen on my iPhone5s has just frozen for the third time in the last few weeks. Is this a known problem? I've never taken a phone back to the shop so I'm not sure what to expect? Do they take the phone off you so you are without one for weeks? I couldn't bear to be without it I don't think.

Apple are usually pretty good if you have a store near you. Try them first, if not phone your phone company and ask them to send a replacement before you send yours back. Remember the small fortune you are paying and don't take any nonsense! :thumbs:

it happened to mine a couple of weeks back, i held down the home button and the sleep wake button for about 10 secs, it did a hard reboot which has sorted mine since.

Hope this helps

Also try a google search which should give you some answers.

Edited by 350 Russ

Stay calm, apple support is excellent.

Do you keep it up-to-date when new versions of iOS come out? If not, try that first, plug in to iTunes and synchronise - it should prompt you if you are due an update. Failing that...

Have you tried a reset (hold down the power and home buttons together, even after it goes off, until the apple appears, then let go)?

If that doesn't work, hook it up to iTunes, take a backup, disconnect it, do a reset (settings menu on the phone) and restore it from iTunes.

Failing that, go visit an apple store if there's one nearby. If not, give them a bell, they're agents are a bit OTT but helpful - good luck.

What model is it and how long you had it?

Thanks stu :teeth: I'm usually good at keeping it updated but have just done the latest one tonight (after the screen freeze). It's the 5s in gold (if that makes a difference, I suspect not :blush: ) and Mr Twobears bought it for me when he came over to the UK in May. Will try all the suggested fixes now :)

Thanks stu :teeth: I'm usually good at keeping it updated but have just done the latest one tonight (after the screen freeze). It's the 5s in gold (if that makes a difference, I suspect not :blush: ) and Mr Twobears bought it for me when he came over to the UK in May. Will try all the suggested fixes now :)

If it's that new, you certainly won't get any aggro from apple on support. Hopefully something simpler. Good luck.

Thanks, I really can't manage without it so I will try to be assertive :)

I bet you could.....(manage without that is). I think we should have a national leave your phone at home day! ;)

Edited by sipar69

When my t'other half had an issue with her iPhone 5 about a year ago. Apple took hers off her in store, did some diagnostics and then gave her a new one with no issues. She even got a free coffee whilst waiting :) That was the Kingston one, which I think would be closest to you. The only issue is, you need to have an appointment with them.

I have a 4s, have had it for about 2 1/2 years now and has done this a couple of times. Aforementioned reset worked both times.

I did have a problem with the 4s when I first got it, the speaker failed, took it back to carphone warehouse and they simply checked it and swapped it for another one - no problems at all.