how often do you check tyre pressure???

Randy_Baton

Is this a 350z/sportz car thing? Just had a pop quiz around work and everyone was like what??? Nobody checks their tyres more than once a year.

^^^This is frightening^^^

Because of this....

Its the only thing on your car that touches the road and your life is in the hands of your tyres and brakes. If you dont check them frequently then you cant value your life very much.

• Like 1

Minimum of once a month. Its the only thing on your car that touches the road and your life is in the hands of your tyres and brakes. If you dont check them frequently then you cant value your life very much.

i dont think its a value of life thing, more uneducated in that subject

im sure we all do things we shouldn't threw being naive about things doesn't mean we don't value are lives

Be like asking people do they check the condition of there seat belt thoroughly as thats the only thing holding them in there seats.

• Like 1

i dont think its a value of life thing, more uneducated in that subject

Totally agree.

The sad thing is though that as a driver on the road it is their responsibility to ensure the safety of themselves/passengers & other road users by ensuring their vehicle is safe for road use.

This isn't something like not checking the oil which may just lead to an engine failure &/or a breakdown, ...this is something that could lead to a blowout or serious accident causing injury or loss of life.

So frustrating that these simple checks aren't drummed into people more before allowing them to drive in the first place.

The sad thing is though that as a driver on the road it is their responsibility to ensure the safety of themselves/passengers & other road users by ensuring their vehicle is safe for road use.

"But it passed an MOT a mere 364 days ago, so that proves it's perfectly safe". Said far too many people I know! Usually followed by the words "and it only had a billionty advisories"...

As Ekona said;

People are 'tards.

I was talking about tyre pressures to 2 of the guys at work. They had never checked them but both had bought new cars during the last year so assumed they would be ok. I asked when exactly they bought them and they should check the tyres. So I went to my car to get the pressure gauge.

I was shocked the one guy had been driving around on virtually completely flat tyres. He didn't get the difference between bar and psi. Only reason he hadn't picked up on it was that they were run flats and he was indeed running flat. He has noticed an improvement in handling now. The other guy was no better down to around 11psi.

I then asked how often they check their oil............

• Like 1

surely you could see a tyre with 12 psi in it...its almost flat..!!! :surrender: :surrender: :angry:

That's one of the problems with low profile tyres, the walls are so stiff that it can disguise the fact that your tyres are almost flat. One of Caroline's ultra low profile tyres once showed 6 psi yet it looked fine from the outside. I bought a digital Michelin tyre gauge/pump, £30 or £40 and stash it behind the passenger seat and check at least once a month. Tyre pressure will vary considerably depending on ambient temperatures and if your car has just completed a run or if its sitting in direct sunlight.

Pete