What do you think of this service plan?

martybhoy

Hey guys having just purchased my zed i've been doing a bit of research into some local garages to do the servicing.

The local Nissan dealer are offering this,

£135 upfront

£13.99 a month thereafter for 2 years

For this you will get:

All servicing required including any filters or plugs etc

Breakdown Cover with option to return any destination of your choice

10% of parts and/or labour at Nissan.

I think this seems to be a fairly good deal. My only issue is since the car was serviced 3000 miles ago (79k on the clock at this point) at a private dealership should I push for a service by them immediately to ensure its been done correctly?

Also since I only have the master key and require another this could be helpful with a discount there.

Let me know what you fowks think please

i'll probably do around 7000 miles a year.

I was thinking though when looking at the service schedule the next two services from them have priced at just over 200 pounds each for a service, which i know is high. Including breakdown cover at say roughly £100 a year

As I said the last service has been at a private dealership and doesnt state it met the requirements of a p3 service.

I know I'm new to the Nissan world but would Nissan not have a minimum quality when it comes to service items?

Its good to get to know these things so thanks for the feedback fowks

As a comparison, I was recently offered a Mitsubishi service plan for my Mitsubishi Shogun SG3 for 3 years at a price of £975.00 for all parts and labour irrespective of the mileage I covered or the amount of services required. (great deal for high mileage users)

Also, I was recently offered a similar plan for my Nissan R35 GT-R TP at a price of £1495.00.

Both the above vehicles are fairly new and appear to be competitive quotations and might appeal to the layman.

However I can service both these vehicles myself at a fraction of the cost, and still retain the manufacturer's warranty.

Rather than enter into a service contact I would advise that you approach an informed, trustworthy, recommended indy and obtain/negotiate servicing prices from them.

Alex. :)

• Like 2

I`ve often wondered what happens with these service plans when you`ve paid some money upfront and/or then monthly payments for say 10 months or so and then get rid of the vehicle before the service is actually due or done, do you get your money back ?

I wouldn't bother with the Nissan Dealership imo. Just find a good independent garage and pay for it when you need it.

If you need breakdown cover then I'd recommend the RAC which is who I'm with but you could also obviously try the AA or Green Flag. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I believe the breakdown cover is from the RAC. I presume the basic breakdown/roadside assistance would be covered by the policy.

I have noticed that around £350 seems very reasonable in comparisson to some of they quotes Zmanalex

I'm from the glasgow area WhackyWill, I've contacted infinity braehead (linked on this forum) about doing the servicing for me also their service department are getting back to me with their prices on Monday.

I just think aswell it might be slightly advantageous to have nissan stamps in the book than an indy garage but im certainly open to overall cost effectiveness. :)

• Like 1