Soon to be zed owner

spunkehmunkey

Hey guys.

going to get a zed at the end of august or september and looking for an 05 or 07 model as from what i have read pre 05 have tyre feathering issues and 06 have oil issues. Dont want oil issues again, had it in my a5 and it was ultimately the reason i sold it. Time to get back into a v6 now so just going to look for the perfect car and look forward to joining the zed club!

• Like 1

:welcome: A5's can be costly to buy even used.... get an HR 57' onwards if you can lol. Um otherwise I'm not sure. earlier cars have the more common faults I think... and I just fear the 296's for that oil issue lol Whatever you go for though, you'll love it! :thumbs: I nearly bought an A5....I'm so glad I didn't :blush:

:welcome: A5's can be costly to buy even used.... get an HR 57' onwards if you can lol. Um otherwise I'm not sure. earlier cars have the more common faults I think... and I just fear the 296's for that oil issue lol Whatever you go for though, you'll love it! :thumbs: I nearly bought an A5....I'm so glad I didn't :blush:

Earlier cars are cheaper to fix and mod. Change the clutch in your HR for instance.

Also DE is faster up the 1/4 mile ;)

:welcome:

• Like 1

Awww cmon.... lol maybe my new Scorpion/Cobra system will him... might need more talent pills tho haha. I remember joining this sayin...tinted windows only.....lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Also DE is faster up the 1/4 mile ;)

Really?? :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Still looking - not in any rush to find a Z - looking at any pre 06 model now really because I want the lower tax band to be honest! :)

Thought I would share some photos of my cars to date!

The first was a 3.2 litre Mk1 Audi TT. Probably my favourite car so far, it had neck breaking pull at any rpm and no matter what the weather.

Second is an A5 2.0 tfsi - this was an awful car - had a relatively big turbo (I think) so since the car was heavy it would be nothing... nothing... everything. Also went through a litre of oil every 500-800 miles and had a horrible electronic handbrake!

Third is my current car which is a 57 plate TT 2.0 TFSI and this has a surprisingly nice exhaust note and power throughout the rev range but only when it is dry since it is FWD only.

1173876_10151828762710907_1134949795_n.jpg10521326_10152570112120907_2643206780513387467_n.jpg12191_10152570115745907_7621097984799007574_n.jpg

Edited by spunkehmunkey
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Some of the issues you've probably been reading about on the pre 05's have almost certainly been sorted by previous owners. Like tyre feathering/clicky axles etc.

Good luck with the Zed hunt and if you do get one and decide to take pictures of it to share, ...try and fit the whole car in the frame shot. :lol:;)