Hostile Speed Bump/Bad Road/Pothole Register

Mudman

Hi All

Not sure if we have one of these but have encountered a fair few and I am always aware and do slow down to practically a stop - I do run fairly low - Bilsteins on 17'' wheels and are OK with well constructed bumps but some these are shoddy and extra nasty

But here are a few for you

Cardiff Railway Station Car Park - grounded once and the next one was worse so had to hit the 4 ways and go out the entrance. Y Pipe not happy Bad scrape that still haunts me.

Kings Lynn - High Road ( back road from the Speedway Stadium to Watlington) too many repairs and adverse cambers resulting in a lunar type experience even at slow speeds

Cardiff - St David Centre multi storey - going up from level 3-4 nasty bump - hit Y pipe - not sure why planners insist on putting speed humps when you are going up especially on a very tight corkscrew track up

Ely/Littleport - Branch Bank/Queen Adelaide Way - the road that is the rat run through to Soham/Ely (A142) - very uneven have to drive at max 35-40mph (60mph) What looks like poorly repaired frost damage and bad camber on last mile as the road has been dug up and poorly repaired

Kings Lynn - Deers Leap Pub - Avoid the large gravel carpark as its strewn with potholes. The 7 or so spaces at the entrance on tarmac are OK

Hope the above helps

Good idea Mudman ~ if I started listing all the potholes in and around Cardiff though I'd be here all night typing. :lol:

Ely, Cardiff - Speed bumps flippin' everywhere!! misguided attempt to slow the joy riders down from back in the day but just seems to slow the Police chasing them & give's the criminals something to jump over.

Fairwater, Cardiff - Speed bumps again. Near newly developed area by "The Fairwater" pub. Anything over 20mph will rip off your sump even in an un-lowered Zed.

Pentyrch, Cardiff - Small "ish" village so no idea what idiot decided that speed bump's EVERYWHERE was necessary. :angry:

Think that'll do for now. ;)

Hi All

Not sure if we have one of these but have encountered a fair few and I am always aware and do slow down to practically a stop - I do run fairly low - Bilsteins on 17'' wheels and are OK with well constructed bumps but some these are shoddy and extra nasty

But here are a few for you

Cardiff Railway Station Car Park - grounded once and the next one was worse so had to hit the 4 ways and go out the entrance. Y Pipe not happy Bad scrape that still haunts me.

Kings Lynn - High Road ( back road from the Speedway Stadium to Watlington) too many repairs and adverse cambers resulting in a lunar type experience even at slow speeds

Cardiff - St David Centre multi storey - going up from level 3-4 nasty bump - hit Y pipe - not sure why planners insist on putting speed humps when you are going up especially on a very tight corkscrew track up

Ely/Littleport - Branch Bank/Queen Adelaide Way - the road that is the rat run through to Soham/Ely (A142) - very uneven have to drive at max 35-40mph (60mph) What looks like poorly repaired frost damage and bad camber on last mile as the road has been dug up and poorly repaired

Kings Lynn - Deers Leap Pub - Avoid the large gravel carpark as its strewn with potholes. The 7 or so spaces at the entrance on tarmac are OK

Hope the above helps

The road that run's from ely to isleham is exactly the same lol!

Also anywhere in east london is a pot hole let alone a @*!# hole too. thats my 2 pence. lol

• Like 1

In Buckinghamshire, the wife and I have a saying.. 'back in Bucks'. After a trip, we can always tell we're home on entry to the county - atrocious!

Lovely county but possibly it's something to do with the number of Bucks broads driving 4WD. :rant:

I like the idea of a place to come see what the roads are like so you can avoid speed bumps etc :) However, if this thread drags on no one is going to read through X number of pages in the off chance that a road they plan to use is listed. It needs a map with pins indicating speed bumps and dodgy roads :thumbs: