Jacking a Zed up with aftermarket skirts..

SJ350z

Hi guys,

So me and friend decided to change my brake pads yesterday and found out we couldn't even start the job. I've got fitted nismo sideskirts and my car is pretty low. not sure how much but he has a low trolley jack. Anyway after struggling to even find the jacking point we tried to jack her up and the jack was touching the skirt and if we continued it would have caused damage. So I actually had a look on here and someone had previously said get some wood to spread the load. so we tried this and it would have worked as it gave enough clearence of the base of the jack so it wouldnt hit my skirt but if that wood was to snap or slip my skirt would be demolished.

Its pretty hard to actually explain it without pictures was just wondering if anyone had a solution? I surely can't be the only one with different skirts and a slammed zed.

Thanks,

Sj

Cheers guys I'll give this a go Friday as that's when my mate is next off. Wouldn't have thought the brick trick would work as the skirt is still going to be in the way from the side jacking points but if i Jack it up from the back on the diff then hopefully I'll have some joy.

Going to take it to a garage this time as I need new disks and my handbrake is making a reach for heaven too atm lol so need a few bits done ... but i also have a Japspeed K2 waiting to be fitted :p

Thanks again everyone :thumbs:

Or just get a sold bit of wood....All you need to do is drive onto a wood about the same size as a house brick.

This is what I have to do to jack from the diff :lol:

since i have the diffuser i can no longer gain access to the diff

I used ice hockey pucks on a low entry jack after driving onto a bit of 6x2 wood when I had my Nismo kitted 350.

This, I have exactly the same problem and you need to pack the recesses on the skirts then us wood to spread over a jack. Steveo's diff jacking works too but only at the back ;)

I used ice hockey pucks on a low entry jack after driving onto a bit of 6x2 wood when I had my Nismo kitted 350.

This, I have exactly the same problem and you need to pack the recesses on the skirts then us wood to spread over a jack. Steveo's diff jacking works too but only at the back ;)

not mine :lol: i cant access it due to the diffuser