Jacking a Zed up with aftermarket skirts..

SJ350z

http://1604768_663763393660092_5041880558513947943_n_zps4fdad0b5.jpg

this is me installing the Z side Skirts

@*!# me, the Zeds were around in the 60's? :lol:

i´m way ahead for my time

B)

thats a man with a lot of trust in his jack

my "jack" never let me down :teeth:

well, i´m not really beneath my Z

:p

• Like 1

blimey Alex i would chock those front wheels with that mother so high in the air! im getting some of those plastic ramps and putting them in the boot , never gonna get stuck out on road now!

not a problem, skirts installed and i´m happy.

;)

I used ice hockey pucks on a low entry jack after driving onto a bit of 6x2 wood when I had my Nismo kitted 350.

This is completely genius.. I had one lying around from Guildford spectrum.. hoping its still around somewhere gonna have a hunt. Thanks mate :thumbs:

This is a post I made from another 'how to jack up zed thread from 2 weeks ago'

We'll as you know, you've answered you own question. Lol

Jack it up as on the diagram you describe. Trolley jack goes on the rear diff. There is a round metal knob that protrudes down from the diff - this is the jacking point so you don't have to remove the diff cover.

20130926_163747_zpsde1551b4.jpg

The front goes in between the front wheels, behind where the engine under cover is bolted. This I have a picture of.....

IMAG0132.jpg

20130926_163701_zps68d57a5e.jpg

Getting under the car far enough can be a pain, I need to use block first. I just cut a length of 4x4 into 4 pieces. I drive up on these then there is room for the jack.

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

The other jacking points are marked by a little V cut out in the sill seam. This is designed for the scissor jack which has a slot in it for the seam so as not to damage it.

You can use a trolley jack or axle stand there, but with caution and you'll need to use a piece of wood or a hockey puk with a slot cut out so you don't crush the sill.

20130926_163729_zpsed282041.jpg

20130926_163715_zpse23dbca6.jpg

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Also, if you drive onto the blocks as shown, it will alow you to use the OEM scissor jack as well. As the car is higher from the ground it allows the scissor jack to become narrower as it raises therefore not hitting your skirts.

Thanks for the detailed message mate it pretty much covers everything.. even for the challenged Zed owners like me :p Going to pick some bits and bobs up next month to make this easier like plastic ramps and a low trolley jack for myself :thumbs: