Tyre choice

Angrybiker

Had my Z for bout 2 months and need to replace the rear tyres. Just got back in2 fast cars after years on bikes so any advise on what tyre make to go for would be appreciated... I don't want to inadvertently buy a set of ditch finders

MPSS, Vredresteins & Bridestone RE050's are all recommended, also Falkens if you are on a bit of a budget.

Only thing I would say is your better to replace all 4 really, unless the fronts are a decent brand and pretty new

OP's question answered, Lets lock this bad boy thread up now :lol: Edited by grundy225

I vote Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy 2's

Tyre reviews they are basially on parr with MPSS (slightly better damp grip and quieter) and cheaper too.

Plus they won best summer performance tyres of 2013 by which i believe :thumbs:

Forgot about those, there are another couple of brands that have had decent reviews too :)

What your budget? If its unlimited then certainly go for MPSS etc, but if you don't want to spend that sort of dough, may I suggest Kumho KU39's are pretty damn good, better than the Hankook Ventus V12's that I had before by quite some margin.

If on the lower end of the scale, then Falken 453s. If on the upper end, MPSS.

The MPSS will be cheaper in the long term though, due to how much longer they last. Coupled with amazing feel and class-leading grip in wet or dry, I see them as a no brainer.

^ have to agree with that, put MPSS on my Zed and it was like driving a different car, the grip was amazing, put them on my Jag and ditto.

I'm sure some of the other tyres in the thread are just as good but I wouldn't choose anything else :)

Edited by spursmaddave

Tyre reviews they are basially on parr with MPSS (slightly better damp grip and quieter) and cheaper too.

You had me at "cheaper"

Bought a pair of Goodyear eagle f1, get them fitted on Friday. If these tyres are as good as the reviews suggest, it'll be 1 less excuse I'll have if I end up In a hedge

You had me at "cheaper"

Bought a pair of Goodyear eagle f1, get them fitted on Friday. If these tyres are as good as the reviews suggest, it'll be 1 less excuse I'll have if I end up In a hedge

Good choice.