Wheel Bearings - anyone tried these parts?

Toon Chris

Yes again I find myself having to replace front wheel bearings.

I can't tell if the spacers on the car have made this more frequent than normal but even if they have it is worth it for the improved look :)

Cheapest OEM are near £200 so I wondered if anyone has tried two other common brands?

SNR @ £80 which is silly cheap - but if they fit and last 50K its enough.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNR-Wheel-Bearing-Kit-Nissan-350-Z-3-5-2002-On-/360929984326?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3A350+Z&hash=item54091a7f46

Febest @ £150 more expensive but any better?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0282-V35MF-FRONT-WHEEL-HUB-INFINITY-G35-V35-NISSAN-SKYLINE-OEM-40202-AL500-/121392833999?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3A350+Z&hash=item1c4393a5cf

Chris,

Your link to the SNR is not showing as £80.00.

If you buy an SNR boxed item, you will more than likely find that it is an NTN item in a SNR box which is OEM equipment.

Alex. :)

Ah, I got the prices the wrong way around, its the Fabest that's the cheap one.

So SNR looks good, thanks Alex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It used to be conventional wisdom to replace bearings in pairs - is this still the same?

I've got a noisy bearing at the moment but can't work out where the noise is coming from!

It doesn't worsen when turning either way but does get louder at speed - does that point to the rear?

It used to be conventional wisdom to replace bearings in pairs - is this still the same?

I've got a noisy bearing at the moment but can't work out where the noise is coming from!

It doesn't worsen when turning either way but does get louder at speed - does that point to the rear?

I did one 2 yes ago and no probs with the other side.