help removing strut bar!!!!

jimmy.farrow7

take tension off of bar (big adjustable spanner would do it)

disconnect wiring harness clips that are in the way.

use socket extension to reach the nuts holding to chassis.

have big magnetic thing handy for when nuts come loose in an awkward spot you cant reach them.

I've not pulled a strut bar off in 2 years though so my memory may be bad :p There are plenty of reposts of the workshop manual kicking about if you search or google.

Edited by Husky

Use a small flat head screwdriver to undo the little black plastic clips holding the cables in place, then unbolt the 8 bolts. easy peasy lemon sherbert. lol

6 bolts, 2 nuts :p

• Like 2

Use a small flat head screwdriver to undo the little black plastic clips holding the cables in place, then unbolt the 8 bolts. easy peasy lemon sherbert. lol

6 bolts, 2 nuts :p

this^ Lol and yeah i didnt do anything with the tensioner bit!

You need to loosen and reset the tension on the bar, not just remove the feet mounts and replace.

I've taken mine off 4-5 times now and never had to touch the tension bar?

I am pretty sure the difference is minimal - not seen any posts on here that people said their handling went to pieces because they didn't change the compression on the bar.

• Like 1

I've never adjusted or loosened the tension on my OEM strut brace and I've lost count the amount of times I've had if off (ooer) :blush:

Although, whenever I have removed/replaced it, I make sure the car is parked on the flat, with the wheels pointing straight (so not parked on a kerb or ramp etc). The thought process behind this is at least the pressure is equal on all 4 corners of the car. No idea if this has made any difference though! :lol: