Hi from Northern Ireland

Hi guys,

New to the forum and can tell it's full of useful and good information :)

Tomorrow I'm looking at a clean azure blue 350z with full intentions of buying!!

Just curious would it bother many of you if the car had been run primarily on 95ron fuel?? It only has 35000 miles and a full Nissan service history though so maybe there wouldn't be much damage.

Thought I'd say hi anyway and all being well, i'll be posting up some pictures of a new zed shortly B)

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Tbh it would bother me about it being run on primarily 95. Supposed to be only run on Super Unleaded and without dismantling the engine you're probably never going to know if it has caused damage until something does go wrong.

I mean it might be ok but I wouldn't risk it myself. :shrug:

More info here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56308-what-can-happen-if-you-run-your-zed-on-95-ron/

:welcome:

Where in NI are you from and where is the car? Have you got a link to the for sale ad?

Running on 95 is fine if the car isn't driven hard. The knock sensors can detect detonation up until 5k rpm, so if driven under that the engine will be fine. However you have no way of knowing how it was driven unless its done owner car and you can make a good instinctive opinion on how you think he drove it.

Anyway, it's probably fine, most of these cars don't live their lives at the redline because they don't need to, to get going. :)

Thanks for the welcome guys!!

I’m from Coleraine Kyle so way up north :)

It's a southern car you see and as far as I'm aware they only get 95 down there which isn't great. I have no issues with the car itself I can tell it’s been well cared for but it was only today I was reading that link you posted GMballistic and then started to worry a bit. Could there really be that much damage to the engine with those low miles? Then I was thinking I’m sure the average person who isn’t an enthusiast will more than likely of filled up on 95ron the odd time if not often?

Anyone had any first hand problems on 95ron? And was it regular fills of 95?

I also heard that cars post 2004 that were destined for UK roads had to be able to run safely on 95?

Greetings from a fellow Coleraine member. Hope you enjoy the forum. Give me a shout if I can be of any help. I know it's very short notice but we ( KyleR and myself) are running a Northern Ireland outing this Sunday 20th July from Larne round the coast to Portstewart with a carvery at the Royal Court. You would be more than welcome to join us regardless of whether you have bought a 350z or not by then. Would be an excellent opportunity to meet fellow Z owners and get a few tips and advice if needed.

Regards Richard.

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

I was in the south a few weeks back and could only get 95. It felt a bit hesitant but that might have been me being over sensitive.

I was glad to get some 99 back in her. I certainly wouldn't be happy if it had been run on 95 all her life!

Thanks for the welcome guys!!

I’m from Coleraine Kyle so way up north :)

It's a southern car you see and as far as I'm aware they only get 95 down there which isn't great. I have no issues with the car itself I can tell it’s been well cared for but it was only today I was reading that link you posted GMballistic and then started to worry a bit. Could there really be that much damage to the engine with those low miles? Then I was thinking I’m sure the average person who isn’t an enthusiast will more than likely of filled up on 95ron the odd time if not often?

Anyone had any first hand problems on 95ron? And was it regular fills of 95?

I also heard that cars post 2004 that were destined for UK roads had to be able to run safely on 95?

If the car is 100% bog standard and the paint is all in good nick/original, i'd be pretty damn certain it'll have been treated well :) Even when I give mine the beans I rarely have to go much over 5k, the car pulls hard from 3k anyway.

It would be best to get a test drive in it and ask the owner a few questions to ry and gauge if he ragged it :)

Just found the car, looks clean and tidy, doesn't even have a stubby yet, so probably hasn't been past 4k rpm :lol:

It's with a dealer so offer them €7500 and get a 6 month warranty :)

• Like 1