Picked up my new zed

LukeD

Finally picked up my zed this afternoon and im well impressed, I have previously came from a orange focus st and I must say the drive in the zed seems a lot harder, like the gear changes are stiffer, clutch feels different, basically a completely different drive, is that normal? I'm sure I will get use to it! Any way here's a couple of pics

yhaju6uq.jpg

u3ume3e7.jpg

Zed looks lovely and that's a great colour. B)

Can't comment on the other bit's as without having driven your Zed or a Focus ST I have no idea whether the differences are normal. Just give yourself some time to get used to it. The gear changes can be a bit "knotchy" between first & second when cold but this usually gets better once the gearbox oil gets warmed up.

No idea on the rubbery smell ~ mine doesn't do it sorry. Have you checked underneath to see if you have a carrier bag or similar stuck to your exhaust? just an idea. :thumbs:

I get the burning smell. Clutch went shortly after also had a bag on the y pipe (plastic bag) and my front right brake is binding, thats the issues ive found all cause a smell on mine lol. As you can tell i got shafted with mine as this all happened on the way home lol

My first Z was a 2005 and I did find it quite lively to drive. Kept me on my toes with the steering and gear changes but then it was the first one I had driven, previous car being a Honda S2000 which I hated.

My current Z is the facelift model and drives completely different, lighter clutch and steering just seems easier. Very little mileage between time two, first one had 38k and current one 35k so it's not down to miles. Think you have to drive a few to see how different they all are.

It will be very different to driving a Ford because it is a real sports car but once you get used to it you will love it even. Ore. Won't take long believe me!