Clutch cylinder gone...

Martinjj

I have had the car 5 weeks, (bought from a dealer), had an ECU fault that the dealer sorted out without any issues.

Anyway, decided on a day at the coast yesterday, great driving all the way there, once driving through the town I pulled up at a red light, footed down the clutch, popped car into first gear and tried to set off, nothing.. Clutch pedal would not return up, so out get the mrs and I and push the car out of the way, noticing quite a bit of fluid deposited on the floor that looked like it came from beneath the passenger side. (Car is a 2007 HR).

Green Flag took us home, the car is now parked on the driveway and is totally useless. Green Flag have said that they will pick up the car once I arrange a garage and take it there as part of the service seeing as I broke down at the weekend.

My question is shall I take it straight back to the dealer and have them fix it (which is what I want to do) or will they give me the "wear and tear" bull crud? Or shall I bite the bullet and just dip into my own pockets and sort it out myself? Will it be covered by dealer warranty? Also the car came with 3 month RAC warranty , if the dealer chokes at the thought of repair would RAC cover it.

Yours faithfully

A bloke slightly miffed!

Edited by Martinjj

Didn't have any warming with this problem at all, no slipping, noise etc, did feel a slight judder in the gear stick just once which was yesterday half hour or so before the breakdown, receipts that came with the car show a new clutch was fitted less than 2k miles ago... Doesn't show a flywheel though, just a clutch and slave cylinder

They'll fix it, because it won't be the slave cylinder, I am 100% sure the clutch pipe just popped off, probably because the clip failed. :)

If it was the slave, you would have noticed issues of the pedal not fully returning first, rather than it just failing and spewing fluid all over the place.

They'll fix it, because it won't be the slave cylinder, I am 100% sure the clutch pipe just popped off, probably because the clip failed. :)

If it was the slave, you would have noticed issues of the pedal not fully returning first, rather than it just failing and spewing fluid all over the place.

I hope your right.. only lost a small amount of fluid from the clutch fluid reservoir, looked a lot on the floor but the level is now at minimum line and was creamy white with trapped air in it..

Dealer picks up the car tomorrow..

Edited by Martinjj

• 2 weeks later...

All sorted, just picked her up from the dealers, would have been sooner but work got in the way.

Problem was a failure with the Concentric Slave Cylinder...

Apparently on 2007 models there was a Nissan recall to rectify this problem... But it seems only in Nissan USA from what I can gather