Tinted window pic request

jonny the mod

Don't think you can have the sides done as the factory tint is pretty close to the UK limit. I had dark smoke (one below limo) on my side quarters and the rear window, it cost about £80. The guys I used refused to do the sides, but the cost including the sides would have been £100.

Pic's in the build thread in my signature.

I used the same guys as 14N (middle link in the post above), couldn't fault them, they are based in Dudley (West Midlands). When I was looking the general costs for all windows (including sides) seemed to be £150-£180.

If we worried about getting stopped everytime we did a MOD then half the cars belonging to forum members would never see the light of day.!!

Well put it this way, if I had an accident with a car that had illegal tints I would be taking lots of pictures and regardless of fault I would be admitting none and claiming that the other car had reduced visibility, pretty sure I would win ;)

My rears are all tinted legally so I'm definitely not against it if it is done right :)

Sent from the golf club...

If we worried about getting stopped everytime we did a MOD then half the cars belonging to forum members would never see the light of day.!!

Well put it this way, if I had an accident with a car that had illegal tints I would be taking lots of pictures and regardless of fault I would be admitting none and claiming that the other car had reduced visibility, pretty sure I would win ;)

My rears are all tinted legally so I'm definitely not against it if it is done right :)

If I had a crash with you it would automatically be your fault.

Get back to the Strawberry and funny hand shake brigade.

No answer though is there?

No answer though is there?

:p

To clarify, have it to the legal limit by all means, but going over is daft.

Sorry Buster, but that looks silly. As Dave says, if you get involved in a smack up, even if it's not your fault it's going to massively go against you having tints like that.

It's really not. It takes about 5 secs to wind the window down, which isn't practical to do. It also won't help you in those split-second moments when the unexpected happens.

Look, each to their own and all that, but don't try and pretend your visibility isn't compromised at all when it clearly is.

Sorry Buster, but that looks silly. As Dave says, if you get involved in a smack up, even if it's not your fault it's going to massively go against you having tints like that.

No point arguing, yeah side tints look cool but they are illegal, dangerous and stupid, whoever does the MOT wants to be careful they don't get a big fine too.

Not to mention that your insurance is null & void as you can't declare illegal tints can you?

Still they do look cool B)

:lol: :lol: :lol: good job we dont have to abide by EKONA laws or we would all be on a certain brand of tyres and not aloud to modify anything he doesnt like. :p

To clarify, have it to the legal limit by all means, but going over is daft

Is that the same theory for the speed limit?

I am sure only the other day you mention doing 34 In a 30?

Stretching the law with speed limits Is no different to stretching the legal tint levels.

Be very different If someone was doing 50 in a 30 or spinning around in a car with limo tint all round.

• Like 1

Nobody is having a go at how your cars look, they look fantastic B)

But just so that members know the legalities thats all, pretty much all car side windows are tinted to the legal max so can't be touched, if you tint them then up to you, hope you don't have any ploblems :)

But just so that members know the legalities thats all, pretty much all car side windows are tinted to the legal max so can't be touched, if you tint them then up to you, hope you don't have any ploblems :)

Yeah we get it, but sadly thats not the point being made, its opinions surrounding window tints, "sorry buster that looks silly" being backed up with "laws" to justify ones argument, but one that falls on very deaf ears when i would doubt most members are holier than though when it comes to other aspects of road "law" :teeth:

Yeah we get it, but sadly thats not the point being made, its opinions surrounding window tints, "sorry buster that looks silly" being backed up with "laws" to justify ones argument, but one that falls on very deaf ears when i would doubt most members are holier than though when it comes to other aspects of road "law" :teeth:

So it's ok because sometimes people go over the limit?

It's silly because it's illegal, speeding is silly too.

Buster is a good mate, he & his missus bought my old Zed, his side window tints are silly because they won't be on his insurance, could get him pulled over and could get him in trouble if he was in an accident, but it's his choice :lol:

Please stop trying to make this an argument, I am stating fact and you are just adding things into the mix, not sure why :shrug:

Legal tints - great

Illegal tints - silly

You just abide by the "laws" you want to if it suits you but don't moan when people point the legalities out as this is a public forum not you and your mates down the pub

Edited by spursmaddave