One day... not too long from now... 240z

Adrian@TORQEN

Looking to start a proper restoration project of a RHD 1970 Datsun 240z, sourced either from Japan or Australia, but if I can't find something cheap, will probably need to find a LHD one in USA.

I know at least 2 other persons looking for a 240z on this forum, with one of them imminent to buy one.

Any other people in here interested?

Meanwhile, some resources of how I'd like the car to look and perform like:

2014-07-11_12-06-02.jpeg

2014-07-11_12-06-52.jpeg

:thumbs:

Once the twins are a little older and in school 5 days a week I'll be thinking about a 240z or 260z for restoration.

I never get sick of seeing or hearing them. We had 5 of them at this years LakeZ.

• Like 1

Sounds like a great project and look forward to seeing restoration posts. You say there are some cheap eu ones

How many bulkhead panels would need changing?

The only other thing I would say is that for me with the e type it was and still is a steep and expensive learning curve especially in terms of budgeting. I allowed for instance 2.5k for paint but from the quotes I have been getting I am not even close at double that! Restoring the body, it has been all the little bits that add up. So far on the body doing all the work myself, I' ve spent in excess of 6k. From a restoration point of view the rotisserie has been the most useful.That aside, I am enjoying every bit of it and to think that you will end up with a car that every nut and bolt is how you want it will be a great achievement. Good luck with your search and feel free to pm me if you think any of my limited knowledge is of use.

• Like 1

So you say a proper restoration, and then you post up vids of modified ones!

Technically almost everyone's car is modified ~ if you add wheel valve caps, that's a mod, your favourite bands sticker on the rear window, that's a mod etc

Personally I think a proper restoration of any car is a bit naff really ~ always best to improve on things where you can imo.

Used to work as a classic car restorer. Mainly on MG's, Austin Healey's and a few Triumphs.

We did have other cars in for work though including a Ferrari Dino and two Aston Martins that where having full restorations ~ a DB6 and DB4 convertible. Every car we did had something different from what it would have done from the factory. On some it was just stainless steel bolts or other more modern rust resistant components but others had completely new braking systems & power units which was always for the best. :thumbs: