Next car choice

Chriscartwright

I looked into the same as you when I was looking at Supras. You might get lucky and get a TT6 for your budget but it will be a bit rough at that price.

It depends what you favour more - the engine or the gearbox. I've seen a lot of people say that the auto box on a supra is very good but I've never driven one.

when I was looking a few months ago, having had a GTO 3000tt (similar in performance to the supra)

We may have to agree to disagree on that one ;)

I wouldn't, the 3000gt is 320 hp compared to GTO jap imports that are 270 due to the fact that jap imports had 9B turbos and the brit version 3000 had 13g turbos. It's no slouch and has a similar kerb weight to the supra and would jump up and down on a supra off the line.

OK, thats why the resale values are the same these days ;)

I know GTO owners loved their cars but a manual MkIV is a hell of a weapon, hence ridiculous resale value thats only going to keep going up. On the handling point, I have the same argument with 200SX owners every time, the Supe chassis dates back to before 1991, the Zed was a new design from over 10 years later. You can make the older car handle with a few upgrades, but do the same to the newer and it pisses all over it.

Ive had an Evo and a Zed and they are very different, having driven MkIV's youre talking very different again, its going to be a matter of taste, but the AYC service every 3K miles in the Evo was the killer for me.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but asking a group of strangers which car you should pick is ridiculous, how are we supposed to know which one you will prefer? Go drive them and make your own choice! :p

http://www.350z-uk.c...tch-new-type-r/

?

Edit. Also:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82569-scratching-a-turbo-itch/page__hl__nowhereboy

:lol:

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 4

haha! To be fair there is a pretty big difference between asking about peoples opinions about a few cars and discussing options (like what I did) and asking should I buy A or B.

I test drove the corsa VXR that I was talking about :D

There are plenty more where they came from :lol: Just kinda funny as you're the king of 'I don't know what to do please help me' threads.

• Like 1

haha! To be fair there is a pretty big difference between asking about peoples opinions about a few cars and discussing options (like what I did) and asking should I buy A or B.

I test drove the corsa VXR that I was talking about :D

There are plenty more where they came from :lol: Just kinda funny as you're the king of 'I don't know what to do please help me' threads.

i can see where this is going

Zed is better than a supra in every way apart from speed if it's the twin turbo supra especially the uk supra.

What about rarity?

Number of seats?

Noise?

The rarity factor is a good point if that's important to the individual but for some the newer fresher car at the same price is better even though more on the road so less rare.

The rear seats tbh you can't really count on a supra as they a beyond a joke.

Noise? As in engine sounds? They both sound good in there own way the zed sounds better stock and supra sounds better modified but then again nismo exhaust zed sounds really good aswell( liked the nismo zed sound every bit as good as my 3k BMW m performance exhaust on my e92 m3)

Zed is better than a supra in every way apart from speed if it's the twin turbo supra especially the uk supra.

What about rarity?

Number of seats?

Noise?

The rarity factor is a good point if that's important to the individual but for some the newer fresher car at the same price is better even though more on the road so less rare.

The rear seats tbh you can't really count on a supra as they a beyond a joke.

Noise? As in engine sounds? They both sound good in there own way the zed sounds better stock and supra sounds better modified but then again nismo exhaust zed sounds really good aswell( liked the nismo zed sound every bit as good as my 3k BMW m performance exhaust on my e92 m3)

Seats are great if you are a couple with a young child - kids slot in no problem ;)

Engine sounds - well its subjective, I like the turbo sound on my R33, and then the blow off noise (which I hated at first but love it now) - adds a whole new element to the theatre of a sports car. Some people like that, some don't.

I think the Supra once a few cosmetic updates are in place looks a more standout car to me. The zed does look a little bit like a Porsche, the Supra is definitely in its own space in terms of looks. Nothing else out there I can think of looks quite like one (happy to be corrected on that!).

All that said, if I wanted a car to drive everyday and be reliable not in terms of the actual engine but the bushes, suspension, etc etc not failing on me then a ten years younger Zed is probably a better call than the Supra. I would guess.

Have you ever owned a Supra? and what do you think is different about a UK Supra?

On the uk specific spec supras Toyota GB upped the spec on few important areas (just like Nissan did on official uk R34 GTR skylines)

Suspension changes to suit uk

Slight different higher boost turbos hence 320+ bhp for uk models

Full leather (and uk specific cream leather option aswell)

They did few Tweeks to the brakes aswell

Glass headlights

And few more things aswell which I can't remember top of my head.

The uk spec supra can be spotted by the little bonnet scoop on bonnet and the headlight washer jets in the bumper.

These cars go for more money but it's worth the difference.

Edited by Asad

@coldel

Good points I really liked the supras when they first came out even more than the skylines as the shape is so beautiful and unique but in 2005 I chose a 350z over a super only because of it being much newer and really loved the shape of the 350z aswell and it being uniqe also.

I personally love that Porsche look about it.

Supra and skylines certainly the best cars of the 90s and so was a NSX But was in a different league price wise.

Looking forward to the 2015 NSX and 2016 R36

Edited by Asad

Have you ever owned a Supra? and what do you think is different about a UK Supra?

On the uk specific spec supras Toyota GB upped the spec on few important areas (just like Nissan did on official uk R34 GTR skylines)

Suspension changes to suit uk

Slight different higher boost turbos hence 320+ bhp for uk models

Full leather (and uk specific cream leather option aswell)

They did few Tweeks to the brakes aswell

Glass headlights

And few more things aswell which I can't remember top of my head.

The uk spec supra can be spotted by the little bonnet scoop on bonnet and the headlight washer jets in the bumper.

These cars go for more money but it's worth the difference.

Wow, you can read the brochure.

Have you driven or owned a Supra?