Next car choice

Chriscartwright

is the boost pressure thing bollocks tho, as i recall the JDM market ones where sold at 276bhp same as the gtr same as nsx in the unwritten gentlemen agreement but like the r34 gtr when people made a run on a dyno they were always well over 300 HP same as the Uk cars

Zed is better than a supra in every way apart from speed if it's the twin turbo supra especially the uk supra.

Have you ever owned a Supra? and what do you think is different about a UK Supra?

On the uk specific spec supras Toyota GB upped the spec on few important areas (just like Nissan did on official uk R34 GTR skylines)

Suspension changes to suit uk

Slight different higher boost turbos hence 320+ bhp for uk models

Full leather (and uk specific cream leather option aswell)

They did few Tweeks to the brakes aswell

Glass headlights

And few more things aswell which I can't remember top of my head.

The uk spec supra can be spotted by the little bonnet scoop on bonnet and the headlight washer jets in the bumper.

These cars go for more money but it's worth the difference.

Wow, you can read the brochure.

Have you driven or owned a Supra?

I've driven a uk spec friends car to Germany nurburgring and driven a jap spec car aswell.

I was deciding between the 350z and a TT supra in 2005 and chose the 350z and got:

Nismo body kit

Nismo LMgt4 alloys

Nismo s-tune full exhaust

Nismo s-tune suspension

And never looked back or considered a supra again after that.

But I was considering the uk supra over the JDM then after driving both back then.

Glass headlights? Wow!

I take it you haven't seen steamed up frosted look plastic JDM headlights?

Yep I have - although easily fixed.

StevoD, yes the numbers quoted back then were always much lower than what they actually put out - it was quite common for imports to rock up and dyno well over the claimed numbers. That goes for most Jap cars not just the Supras.

Most mid 90s cars feel very soft today but a modified supra would be adequate.

Either car you choose you can't go wrong as supra was awesome when it came out and z33 350z was awesome aswell when it came out a decade later.

After driving both your decision will be made easily.

Zed is better than a supra in every way apart from speed if it's the twin turbo supra especially the uk supra.

Have you ever owned a Supra? and what do you think is different about a UK Supra?

On the uk specific spec supras Toyota GB upped the spec on few important areas (just like Nissan did on official uk R34 GTR skylines)

Glass headlights

The uk spec supra can be spotted by the little bonnet scoop on bonnet and the headlight washer jets in the bumper.

I am well aware of the UK spec, i was just wondering what you though was better, first the 320BHP is a fallacy, ,

Despite the differences with the fuel injectors, turbos and overall weight (the UK car is

heavier due to the extra mechanical bits), there isn't really any significant performance

difference between the two.

The J-Spec turbos spool faster, but the UK ones can take more

boost. Both are very fast cars.

Yes they had glass headlight's, and softer but not better suspension, but everything else was available as an extra on the import and was often fitted, IE leather (rears where never leather by the way) big brakes etc. etc..

I have owned a J spec Supra which i modified extensively and went through several incarnations and ended up with a big single turbo, i have also driven lots including UK specs, and there are no discernable differences in driving quality, in fact i would rather have the J spec due to the UKs spending there lives in our climate.

Finally they have a much better build quality than any Nissan, and are if maintained like anything else far more reliable, IMO there is no comparison between the Z and the Supra other than the feel similar on the handling stakes.

Glass headlights

I am well aware of the UK spec, i was just wondering what you though was better, first the 320BHP is a fallacy, ,

Despite the differences with the fuel injectors, turbos and overall weight (the UK car is

heavier due to the extra mechanical bits), there isn't really any significant performance

difference between the two.

The J-Spec turbos spool faster, but the UK ones can take more

boost. Both are very fast cars.

Yes they had glass headlight's, and softer but not better suspension, but everything else was available as an extra on the import and was often fitted, IE leather (rears where never leather by the way) big brakes etc. etc..

I have owned a J spec Supra which i modified extensively and went through several incarnations and ended up with a big single turbo, i have also driven lots including UK specs, and there are no discernable differences in driving quality, in fact i would rather have the J spec due to the UKs spending there lives in our climate.

Finally they have a much better build quality than any Nissan, and are if maintained like anything else far more reliable, IMO there is no comparison between the Z and the Supra other than the feel similar on the handling stakes.

better build quality than any nissan?

are you comparing with nissans at the same time as supra or any nissan produced so far?

everyone has there own opinion because i thought the handling and braking and chasis and stability was worlds apart.between the 350z and supra in 350z's favour.

10yr gap shows in this comparison

Better than the Z thats for sure, if you though the UK you drove was worlds apart from a Z then it must have had seriously worn suspension,and badly set up, thats all i can say, interestingly you say that the Z handling is better, yet they both run similar chassis set up and in fact

the Supra runs a propper double wishbone front and rear, whereas the Z is only a semi double setup.

So to me the ten year gap does not show me anything, in fact i actually found the Z handling wanting in comparison to my old Supra,

which i could get around bends a good bit quicker without having to hang the arse out to do it.