CoPilot GPS - Better than Google Maps ?

RobPhoboS

Hey guys, well after attempting to use Google Maps for our Le Mans trip, I think I'm truly done with it.

They have royally f'd it up. Brand new HTC One M8, all updated and the frigging thing just kept crashing out with no warning (and yes, at the worst places), then when it didn't have GPS/Data in remote places it wouldn't do a single thing.

Lastly, I spent a couple of hours looking at cool scenic routes to take (which in the end was AWESOME!), only to find you have to use this stupid pile of dung called Google Engine Maps, which then after adding everything into it, doesn't let you navigate your routes - WTF :wacko::rant::lol:

They have lost it im my opinion, so now I'd rather pay for something that works.

http://copilotgps.com/uk/personal/android.asp

Any good ? (I'd get the full UK\EU thingy £35)

The only thing is that I'd rather pick some maps out on the computer first of all, then load it into the app but I don't think I can do it that way (although I can create custom maps and actually use them).

Cheers for any advice !

I remember using copilot years ago with my palm pilot/smart e organiser thing (precursor to the smart phone) it was good software, no complaints, preferred it to TomTom.

I still have my standalone navigon GPs that I dig out on occasions as back up to my phone. So reliable never lets me down.

I have Co-pilot and it's a darned sight better than Google Maps in terms of routing (Google maps tried to find the narrowest lanes and awkward route possible IME). Plus the maps are installed on your sd card, so you don't need a data connection. They send me free updates every once in a while, too.

Can't fault it.

• Like 1

It's awesome IMO. Used it for 7/8 years. Got it on my HTC one m8 too.

As for custom maps, create in Google maps on a PC, then download and use a poi converter programming to saved it to a co pilot compatible file then copy to device and load. Instructions easily available if you Googler it. Its very simple and quick.

• Like 1

Co pilot is a the number one paid sat nav app for android. Tom tom is better on the iPhone. Although both are available on each platform. Just works that way. Although IMO co pilot is better overall. Just not on the iphone. Unfortunately for you gays.

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid
  • Like 1