How much is a 350Z worth in parts?

SamN

This would be a shame, but I'd be lying if I said the thought hadn't crossed my mind.....

If my 350Z doesn't sell, I may consider breaking it.

Any ideas how much I'd make? Just looking for a ball park figure..

53 plate kuro black 350Z GT with 107,500 miles, full service history.

Exterior modifications:

Eibach 30mm lowering springs (approx 2k miles old)

Wheel spacers all round (25mm front, 30mm rear)

Jasma true dual stainless steel exhaust with decats (quite loud) - slash cut tail pipes which don't look over the top, they're a nice size in my opinion

Stubby aerial

Rear wiper delete (looks a lot cleaner, although I think I still have the rear wiper if desired)

Body-colour badges

Carbon wrapped B pillars

Lightly smoked rear lights

Flat wiper blades

LED side light and number plate bulbs

Interior/other modifications:

OEM satellite navigation (this was an optional extra, not a standard feature)

Alpine double din head unit, 7" touchscreen ipod and bluetooth connections - including steering wheel controls

Cargo net in the boot

Cookbot auto-fold mirrors upon lock/unlock

A few Carbon wrapped interior parts

Bad points (every car has them, just being honest!):

Slight knocking over bumps at slow speed. 99% sure this is just a bush but from a quick look I can't see the culprit, and it doesn't really bother me as it's only noticeable on bumpy roads at slow speed.

Passenger window doesn't work

Engine management light is on due to the exhaust/decats

Cheers

Sam

Don't under estimate the time and hassle involved in breaking a full car. It's a serious pain in the a**e.

You will:

- be let down by numerous folk who have said they want parts,

- Have a complete nightmare boxing up and shipping parts and arranging couriers

- Run out of space to store all the crap

- break things you are removing

- be left with loads of bits you cannot shift

- deal with disgruntled buyers who are trying to get one over on you.

Just want to make sure you know what's ahead of you if you go down that route.

What makes you think it wouldn't sell? As from your description it has a lot going for it and honestly those " bad points" are minor issues and if they are the only things you know to be wrong someone could get a good buy - so research recent ZED sales to get an idea of a fair price. :thumbs:

You need to sort those bad points. O2 spacers for £30 will sort the CEL, you need to replace that dodgy bush and you MUST sort the pax window. Someone may take a punt on the first two but not before knocking at least a grand off in case they're wrong, but that window could be very expensive. It could also be very cheap, but as a buyer I'm not taking a risk on that.

Either sell it for at least £2K under market value and suck it up, or get the car sorted!

Fair points, not sure which bush it is or what the window motor problem are, as mentioned, which is why they're not fixed. I'm happy to take a bit less than 'market value' with these in mind as I just don't have the money to sort then right now.

I do have the ability to break it and understand the negative points of breaking a car, I'm not sure whether I would actually do it or not, I was just wondering how much it may be worth :)

See, that's the thing: As a buyer, I'm not interested in buying a sports car where the owner clearly doesn't care that much about it not to fix the tiny things. If he doesn't care about the small things, then he's certainly not going to care about the big things!

Now, we know that's not true from your posts on here matey, but that's how it'll look to the outsider browsing your ad.

• Like 2

Compression rod bushing: £30.00 or £250.00 for the compression rod if the knock is from the ball joint.

£185.00 for a new power window motor or perhaps just a strip and clean.

£30.00 for the O2 simulators to fix your cel.

Circa 3 hours work.

Alex. :)

Compression rod bushing: £30.00 or £250.00 for the compression rod if the knock is from the ball joint.

£185.00 for a new power window motor or perhaps just a strip and clean.

£30.00 for the O2 simulators to fix your cel.

Circa 3 hours work.

Alex. :)

^^^^

Or sell it to me for 3k and I'll bother me arse to do it! :lol: