Feeling the Scooby lurve this morning....

Kraziekatz1

So, I took the new Scooby Impreza WRX to work today. I know it is a completely different drive to my Z, and it's pretty much un-molested at the moment (just a Prodrive exhaust and lowered slightly) so it's running around the 220bhp mark. Still, it was great fun driving in this morning....acceleration is awesome and the burbling exhaust sound is lovely. I arrived with big smile on my face :) Here's a little pic.....obviously I am continuing with the blue theme lol

Just wondered if there are any other Scooby owners on here?

post-21781-0-67022700-1402567147_thumb.jpg

Cool Brillomaster....it is a very nice exhaust :)

Exactly Martinmac, although I like to use the Z as a daily when I can also.....love the matching plates btw B) The Scooby has 'WRX' plate, might need to hunt me down a 'ZED' plate to join it lol

Well Kraziekatz, you know I have a Scooby as well as you copied me ..... again :) Love mine and will always have one as the workhorse as they are so reliable, practical but still fun and playful. You need a big gay wing on yours like mine and a louder exhaust. Its way too quiet :)

Anyway, here is a picture of my Scooby with Kraziekatz Zed :)

imagejpg1_zps31b692e5.jpg

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 1

Used to have a Subaru. Need's a boxer engine imo to be a real Impreza as you can't beat the noise from those engines. B)

Have to be honest though and say I'd never go back. :thumbdown: Probably the most unreliable car I have ever owned.

It was modified so maybe that didn't help as I know they can be reliable but my96 JDM WRX Impreza was a nightmare for me.

Used to have a Subaru. Need's a boxer engine imo to be a real Impreza as you can't beat the noise from those engines. B)

Have to be honest though and say I'd never go back. :thumbdown: Probably the most unreliable car I have ever owned.

It was modified so maybe that didn't help as I know they can be reliable but my96 JDM WRX Impreza was a nightmare for me.

That's really surprising as at one point, Subaru held the record for having the most cars on the road with over 150k on the clock. They are known to be very reliable and mine has been bullet proof although. We actually use ours as a work horse as it's that reliable. I do know, that it they are modded and tuned too much without the internals being changed, they can go bang very easily. The general rule is up to about 300bhp is fine for standard but anything more and other parts need changing. Was your one a classic, bug, blob, hawk?

Edited by Linus27

That's really surprising as at one point, Subaru held the record for having the most cars on the road with over 150k on the clock. They are known to be very reliable and mine has been bullet proof although. We actually use ours as a work horse as it's that reliable. I do know, that it they are modded and tuned too much without the internals being changed, they can go bang very easily. The general rule is up to about 300bhp is fine for standard but anything more and other parts need changing. Was your one a classic, bug, blob, hawk?

It was a "my96" ~ a 1996 which is a classic shape and it was JDM yo!!. :lol:;)

Tbh I know this is not how most Subaru ownership goes and that they are reliable especially when left alone & just well maintained. Part of my problem also was the engine builder that I had chosen as he obviously wasn't a good engine builder as I later discovered but by then it was too late. This is what happened;

Engine went in my first month of ownership due to the big end failing after oil starvation caused by the oil pump failing.

So had the engine rebuilt with uprated pistons (stronger, lighter & more durable), better conrods, uprated oil pump, reconditioned turbo and some other minor bits (exhaust/Sports CAT/Walbro fuel pump etc). £5K rebuild.

Followed all the instructions on how to run it in safely & correctly ~ oil changes @1500 miles then every 3500 miles with Mobil 1 Motorsport oil. All seemed good so started going for even more power. :teeth:

Then various sensors went, the MAF went, the gearbox destroyed itself, the rear diff had a paddy and then the front diff decided it wanted to play up as well. :angry:

Repaired all of the above, digged deep and got rid of the MAF using a Simtec ECU to run it all with better fuel injectors.

Then for a few short months it was fantastic, the car of my dreams but then on a leisurely drive back from dropping my Mrs off at a Hen party whilst cruising at 50mph odd in 5th gear one of the conrods just had enough. :shrug: Snapped and shot itself through the side of the block.

By that point I'd had enough of my Subaru and decided to get rid at a big loss two years after buying it. Bought an 03 Type R then with the money and enjoyed 3 years of truly reliable driving.

As I said though I know this is not a typical Subaru owners story but it was mine. :(

should of just put an STI badge on like everyone else GM left it at that and saved yourself the bother :lol: that is the general rule once you start playing around with them then they tend to throw up some sort of metal object back up if not tuned properly

Edited by jumping350

should of just put an STI badge on like everyone else GM left it at that and saved yourself the bother :lol: that is the general rule once you start playing around with them then they tend to throw up some sort of metal object back up if not tuned properly

I bl**dy wish I had done that. :lol:

When it was running well it was great though. B) Pity that was probably only around 4 months over two years. :dry::lol:

I have owned a couple of scoobies

1999 non turbo

2000 GT turbo (rare car in South Africa)

1997 STi wagon

2002 STi (bugeye) that was modded to 380bhp, with a half welded in cage, lots of brake and suspension mods, etc.

4601833528_9606044354_z.jpgmy impreza by graham.cleverly, on Flickr

6033027716_56283a6b98_z.jpgImpreza by graham.cleverly, on Flickr

Base spec

*UK Impreza STi

*Prodrive spec

*75000 miles (will update this with the exact miles)

Updated Spec

Brakes

*Full refurb of the Brembo calipers

*Performance Friction (2 piece disks) on the front

*Grooved discs on the rear

*EBC Bluestuff pads all-round

*Goodridge braided lines

*5.1 fluid

Handling

*BC coilovers

*Whiteline front 22mm adjustable ARB

*Whiteline rear 24mm adjustable ARB

*Front droplinks

*Rear droplinks

*Anti-lift kit

*Front strut brace

Performance

*Andy Forest TD06-20g turbo

*850cc injectors

*Walbro fuel pump

*Full decat 3" exhaust system

*K&N induction system

*FMIC

*Baileys DV

*Remap

Interior

*PSI3 unit top of dash

*Welded-in rear half rollcage

*TRS harnesses

*Hawkeye front seats (I originally put Corbeau Revolutions in, but I did not get on with them)

*Rear seats removed

*Rear firewall

*Panasonic USB single DIN headunit

*5.25" Apline front speakers

*5.25" JBL rear speakers

*6x9s rear parcel shelf

*12" JBL sub, boxed

*JBL AMP

Exterior

*WRC style carbon mirrors

*Carbon inserts for front wings

*Smoked side repeaters

*Mudflaps

*Blue wheel nuts

*Front tow hook removeable

*Rear tow hook

*Painted calipers

*Track wheels - 18" Team Dynamics wheels with Toyo r888s

http://s920.photobucket.com/user/grahamcleverly/library/Cars/Subaru%20Impreza?sort=3&page=1

Edited by grahamc
  • Like 1

Well Kraziekatz, you know I have a Scooby as well as you copied me ..... again :) Love mine and will always have one as the workhorse as they are so reliable, practical but still fun and playful. You need a big gay wing on yours like mine and a louder exhaust. Its way too quiet :)

Wow, you're Scooby makes my Z look a really amazing blue B)

Happy days, hey ;)

• Like 1

Wow, you're Scooby makes my Z look a really amazing blue B)

Happy days, hey ;)

I think the reason for that is .......................

..... It really is an amazing blue :lol:

....... but you still can't beat championship white on a Teg :lol:

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 1

I have owned a couple of scoobies

1999 non turbo

2000 GT turbo (rare car in South Africa)

1997 STi wagon

2002 STi (bugeye) that was modded to 380bhp, with a half welded in cage, lots of brake and suspension mods, etc.

4601833528_9606044354_z.jpgmy impreza by graham.cleverly, on Flickr

6033027716_56283a6b98_z.jpgImpreza by graham.cleverly, on Flickr

Base spec

*UK Impreza STi

*Prodrive spec

*75000 miles (will update this with the exact miles)

Updated Spec

Brakes

*Full refurb of the Brembo calipers

*Performance Friction (2 piece disks) on the front

*Grooved discs on the rear

*EBC Bluestuff pads all-round

*Goodridge braided lines

*5.1 fluid

Handling

*BC coilovers

*Whiteline front 22mm adjustable ARB

*Whiteline rear 24mm adjustable ARB

*Front droplinks

*Rear droplinks

*Anti-lift kit

*Front strut brace

Performance

*Andy Forest TD06-20g turbo

*850cc injectors

*Walbro fuel pump

*Full decat 3" exhaust system

*K&N induction system

*FMIC

*Baileys DV

*Remap

Interior

*PSI3 unit top of dash

*Welded-in rear half rollcage

*TRS harnesses

*Hawkeye front seats (I originally put Corbeau Revolutions in, but I did not get on with them)

*Rear seats removed

*Rear firewall

*Panasonic USB single DIN headunit

*5.25" Apline front speakers

*5.25" JBL rear speakers

*6x9s rear parcel shelf

*12" JBL sub, boxed

*JBL AMP

Exterior

*WRC style carbon mirrors

*Carbon inserts for front wings

*Smoked side repeaters

*Mudflaps

*Blue wheel nuts

*Front tow hook removeable

*Rear tow hook

*Painted calipers

*Track wheels - 18" Team Dynamics wheels with Toyo r888s

http://s920.photobucket.com/user/grahamcleverly/library/Cars/Subaru%20Impreza?sort=3&page=1

I'm glad you posted that second picture. I have been looking at Team Dynamics wheels in black for my Scooby but wasn't sure what multi spoke wheels would look like. Now I'm sold :)