Feeling the Scooby lurve this morning....

Kraziekatz1

I completely agree Linus27.....So why did you buy the muddy brown one? :lol:

Edit: how long before a photo of my Z appears next to a Teg ;)

Oh, I get what your doing, reverse psychology. Clever girl and I never knew you had it in you :lol: What you really want is for me to post another picture of your car as well as a picture on my Teg which you have admitted you love so much that you park next to it everyday to make yourself look like your in my gang :lol:

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 1

Oh, I get what your doing, reverse psychology. Clever girl and I never knew you had it in you :lol: What you really want is for me to post another picture of your car as well as a picture on my Teg which who have admitted you love so much that you park next to it everyday to make yourself look like your in my gang :lol:

Do you wanna be in my gang, my gang, my gang....do you wanna be in my gang, oh yeah :lol:

• Like 1

lovely car Graham, the Bugeyes are the best front looking :stir:

Yeah, was good fun!! Turbo came on and immediately I had a smile :D just a shame that the GTR is so much better, I just was not driving the Scooby. Car has since been built to 2.1 forged with a few more engine mods (by the new owner).

I have owned a couple of scoobies

1999 non turbo

2000 GT turbo (rare car in South Africa)

1997 STi wagon

2002 STi (bugeye) that was modded to 380bhp, with a half welded in cage, lots of brake and suspension mods, etc.

4601833528_9606044354_z.jpgmy impreza by graham.cleverly, on Flickr

6033027716_56283a6b98_z.jpgImpreza by graham.cleverly, on Flickr

Base spec

*UK Impreza STi

*Prodrive spec

*75000 miles (will update this with the exact miles)

Updated Spec

Brakes

*Full refurb of the Brembo calipers

*Performance Friction (2 piece disks) on the front

*Grooved discs on the rear

*EBC Bluestuff pads all-round

*Goodridge braided lines

*5.1 fluid

Handling

*BC coilovers

*Whiteline front 22mm adjustable ARB

*Whiteline rear 24mm adjustable ARB

*Front droplinks

*Rear droplinks

*Anti-lift kit

*Front strut brace

Performance

*Andy Forest TD06-20g turbo

*850cc injectors

*Walbro fuel pump

*Full decat 3" exhaust system

*K&N induction system

*FMIC

*Baileys DV

*Remap

Interior

*PSI3 unit top of dash

*Welded-in rear half rollcage

*TRS harnesses

*Hawkeye front seats (I originally put Corbeau Revolutions in, but I did not get on with them)

*Rear seats removed

*Rear firewall

*Panasonic USB single DIN headunit

*5.25" Apline front speakers

*5.25" JBL rear speakers

*6x9s rear parcel shelf

*12" JBL sub, boxed

*JBL AMP

Exterior

*WRC style carbon mirrors

*Carbon inserts for front wings

*Smoked side repeaters

*Mudflaps

*Blue wheel nuts

*Front tow hook removeable

*Rear tow hook

*Painted calipers

*Track wheels - 18" Team Dynamics wheels with Toyo r888s

http://s920.photobuc...rt=3&page=1

I'm glad you posted that second picture. I have been looking at Team Dynamics wheels in black for my Scooby but wasn't sure what multi spoke wheels would look like. Now I'm sold :)

There should be a load more pics in the link at the bottom of that post (my photobucket set). Awesome wheels, had r888s on them and they were fantastic!!! Even in the wet (just not in standing water)!

Oh, I get what your doing, reverse psychology. Clever girl and I never knew you had it in you :lol: What you really want is for me to post another picture of your car as well as a picture on my Teg which who have admitted you love so much that you park next to it everyday to make yourself look like your in my gang :lol:

Do you wanna be in my gang, my gang, my gang....do you wanna be in my gang, oh yeah :lol:

Genuinely shocked :lol:

Edited by Linus27

I have been working out of town recently and every morning on the drive to work I have seen a real nice blob eye coming the other way. Slammed with some wide alloys and de spoilered, which makes all the difference I think, it looks wide and menacing.

The only thing for me though, however classic it is, just couldnt have one in the blue! I just cringe at car shows when there are lines and lines of blue Imprezas all next to each other :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well I had many cars in past & I must agree the 2004 blob eye in BLUE was probably the best, fast ,comfortable, practical car I ever owned,in fact it was only the miles were getting up on it that I got shot of it! Never missed a beat,& made me smile,loved the four wheel drive,the sound,and reliability!

It was a toss up between the z or a sti & the z won.

I will own another,I guess there not everyone's cup of tea but i don't buy a car for anyone else but me!

my dads cosworth forged hatch does make me want one...

Those are supposed to be something else.... but the turbo lag must be a pain!

its running an anti-lag system now :) he's had a fair number of scoobs and this is just ballistic, far from stock though

its running an anti-lag system now :) he's had a fair number of scoobs and this is just ballistic, far from stock though

Me too :) I have had 4 and bought a 1 owner 10 year old 2 door sti for a friend a few years ago (which I had to test for him :D its now been converted to LHD, 22b widebodied and is currently being prepared to go rallying). Still have the love :D

Anti-lag normally kills the turbo.... but the issue with 400bhp is generally the lag from the single turbo. Had my STI up to 380s and had quite a bit of lag, but when the turbo came on :scare:

Me too :) I have had 4 and bought a 1 owner 10 year old 2 door sti for a friend a few years ago (which I had to test for him :D its now been converted to LHD, 22b widebodied and is currently being prepared to go rallying). Still have the love :D

Anti-lag normally kills the turbo.... but the issue with 400bhp is generally the lag from the single turbo. Had my STI up to 380s and had quite a bit of lag, but when the turbo came on :scare:

he was warned of that, but all seems well atm, tbh he doesnt really push it that often so he should be okay, yeah running 440bhp with nearly 500ft/lb is erm brisk haha

he was warned of that, but all seems well atm, tbh he doesnt really push it that often so he should be okay, yeah running 440bhp with nearly 500ft/lb is erm brisk haha

Good to hear!

I bet it is brisk :)

• Like 1

doesn't that kind of torque and power just kill the standard gear box (if it's still standard)? And yeah anti-lag does kill the turbo eventually. I had anti-lag on my Gt-four remapped on a MoTeC and it was baked in just under 2k miles. Boooooo!. And that was a re-con turbo! Boooooo!

doesn't that kind of torque and power just kill the standard gear box (if it's still standard)? And yeah anti-lag does kill the turbo eventually. I had anti-lag on my Gt-four remapped on a MoTeC and it was baked in just under 2k miles. Boooooo!. And that was a re-con turbo! Boooooo!

Very little is standard on the cosworth cars, massively overbuilt as its a factory special edition car.

• 2 weeks later...

I run an impreza wagon as a daily driver and have the Z roadster for the weekend

My current wagon (standard-ish) -

6F8B4119-0E22-40EA-8575-686F5471055F-890-0000007BCCBA7A03_zpse918855a.jpg

Just recently sold my 400/400 hawkeye after 6 years to get the Z as I wanted something different, having 2 cars that are the same doesn't make sense.

Here are some pics-

6F339C8B-1C9B-4290-9527-F046ED1AD24C_zpsnhygmxa7.jpg

716B9323-612D-4E2D-AAEA-05F1D42681C8_zpsspb7oiii.jpg

9AE14DCF-FEB5-490E-A47F-19219964AAD8_zpslrettpqu.jpg

448C7063-0E54-449E-8FB0-D145A7229F0F_zpsgohgtcat.jpg

B547894D-B3CE-41A8-8770-B93E93499F75_zps4obo2fnz.jpg

7BD99ACB-2C1D-4F8A-94AA-B35A51B2F556-417-00000025EE641567_zps27ccb670.jpg

b4c9c213b69da7b9848402f12f245482_zps104e413b.jpg

Also had a nice STI Type R before that too running just over 400hp-

scooby-sti-front.jpg

scooby-sti-rear.jpg

02.jpg