Custom badge making company?

ddcboyle

Hey guys, looking to get some custom badges made up. Looking to see if anyone knows any companies who do this. Preferably if you have used them already and are happy with the quality.

Basically, I want the "VXR" badge but saying "VXD" in yellow instead of red. Going for a black/yellow car. Order would only be around 5 of them, so may make it a bit trickier. Price is not too big an issue, unless its ridiculous like £100 for 5 :lol:

Thanks guys

Dean

Basically identical to the VXR badge on the back of the VXR. Just like the ST, VXR, RS, badge. I think their just plastic, and i would just put some double sided sticky on the back, no need for the company to have to sort out that side. exact size is 140-150mm diameter, if that helps at all. I dont own a vxr badge so just going by what the forums have came up with.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WgU2qR07L._SX300_.jpg

Thats an image of the VXR badge, would just be the R getting changed for a D. Presumably theres a way to do it on a computer. Im just a biff when it comes to this sort of stuff :lol:

So 3D plastic with a metal-style finish on part, with colour on 1/3rd? From a non-existing design? Yeah, dirt cheap!

:lol:

Dude, they're going to be mega-bucks. You'd be lucky to get stickers made up for £50 for the lot, let alone badges. Much better off either looking at stickers, or not bothering I think. I assume this is for a joke? Bit much to be spending on a laugh.

A company would have to design and make a mould for a ridiculously low quantity order... If you find someone willing to do it, you'll be looking at way more than £100!

Bah. I thought it would have been different since theres all the computer design software out there. Ive seen alot of the badges, all various sizes but all have thick D's (no pun intended), so it just glows aftermarket, want mine a bit more subtle.

So 3D plastic with a metal-style finish on part, with colour on 1/3rd? From a non-existing design? Yeah, dirt cheap!

:lol:

Dude, they're going to be mega-bucks. You'd be lucky to get stickers made up for £50 for the lot, let alone badges. Much better off either looking at stickers, or not bothering I think. I assume this is for a joke? Bit much to be spending on a laugh.

lol it wasnt a joke. I literally have no idea on prices of things in life. I just take a rough guess. Just a little bit off this time :bangin: Not gonna put sticker on my car when the rest are badges, so I guess my good design in my head wont work :/

Realistically, you've got no chance... The only way would be to contact a Chinese supplier using Ali express and trying to blag them into making some samples... they'd most likely tell you to do one as you haven't got a cover story. I.e. work for a company that sells car badges.

Think how much it costs to make prototypes. The man hours involved, even for a badge are crazy. The only way companies bother with the effort is if they can recoup the money by mass production and high volume sales.

Not trying to **** on your bonfire or anything, but unfortunately, things like this aren't easy or cheap! :)

I found this out the hard way with making the Plenum Spacer, and through trial and error, well I found that manufacturing can be done in a number of ways. The 6 nylon spacers that sit within the plenum chamber are costly, you'd wonder how they're made.

My first visit to an injection molding factory. Took my sample, left them to quote me happy and returned to the office with an email.....

Excitement! :scare:

More like OMFG!!

£2,400 for the first 120. That made them £20 for each nylon spacer. Okay so that cost included the tooling, but still I'd need to sell thousands to recoup my initial setup costs.

But through investigation of process, materials, purpose and requirements, these parts are actually "turned". Still I have to pay a fair whack, because in their terms I'm only asking for 120 at a time. If we were talking 5,000 I'd be seeing a pretty decent discount.

The same applies to all the parts made for the spacer, I'm producing these in small volumes because I don't want to be caught out with hundreds of spacers that won't sell. Okay so profit is low, but leftover stock should be minimal once I stop doing them.

Manufacturing is very interesting I have to say. I actually found it rather satisfying to make something further improved over another manufacturer, especially as my first ever venture into this game.

I found this out the hard way with making the Plenum Spacer, and through trial and error, well I found that manufacturing can be done in a number of ways. The 6 nylon spacers that sit within the plenum chamber are costly, you'd wonder how they're made.

My first visit to an injection molding factory. Took my sample, left them to quote me happy and returned to the office with an email.....

Excitement! :scare:

More like OMFG!!

£2,400 for the first 120. That made them £20 for each nylon spacer. Okay so that cost included the tooling, but still I'd need to sell thousands to recoup my initial setup costs.

But through investigation of process, materials, purpose and requirements, these parts are actually "turned". Still I have to pay a fair whack, because in their terms I'm only asking for 120 at a time. If we were talking 5,000 I'd be seeing a pretty decent discount.

The same applies to all the parts made for the spacer, I'm producing these in small volumes because I don't want to be caught out with hundreds of spacers that won't sell. Okay so profit is low, but leftover stock should be minimal once I stop doing them.

Manufacturing is very interesting I have to say. I actually found it rather satisfying to make something further improved over another manufacturer, especially as my first ever venture into this game.

See if it was a big deal to the vauxhall owners I could have a descent order size. But its one of those types of badges people are unsure of. Its the fastest astra diesel, faster than an ST if tuned. But, its not a vxr so its like putting an ST badge on a focus 1.6 that is as fast as an ST.

I do appreciate the replies, not burning my dreams haha. Atleast its set in stone im not going to be getting some badges for the price I had in my head.

Don't know if this might help you but you never know.

http://www.bhma.co.uk/signs-1/3d-letters-for-signs/moulded-acrylic-letters-p-688.html

Basically they cut letters out of acrylic or metal etc for stand out letters and signs.

azepyte5.jpg

They can basically cut any design you require..... Not to sure they could do it for £20 each tho. But well worth taking a look even if you use chrome letters with a vinyl inlay.

you could get a badge made by the new 3d printing method! the 3d printing companies make just that proto types and they don't cost a fortune, on the industrial printers the finish is good and they can do colours! maybe not the right colours but you could paint and then lacquer. thinking outside the box this would work I think.

you could get a badge made by the new 3d printing method! the 3d printing companies make just that proto types and they don't cost a fortune, on the industrial printers the finish is good and they can do colours! maybe not the right colours but you could paint and then lacquer. thinking outside the box this would work I think.

I had thought about 3d printers, but is that not expensive because its just new out? Normally new things cost a fortune until it becomes common

VXR-D ?

Is it a VXR ?

Would this be like putting an M3D badge on a 330d BMW ?

Not sure it works bud, you would need to order 50, if you can get that amount I have some contacts but they won't even entertain any amount below that as its not worth setting the machine up.

Would just be VXD. So VXR is the fastest astra or corsa. VXD would be fastest astra or corsa diesel. I know its super geeky, but still, If it can beat a ford focus ST which is meant to be a sports hatch, and it gets a badge.... I want a badge on my car too! :lol:

Ill try see if theres more interest on the badges from the vauxhall forums. It doesnt seem to be a forum like ours in regards to peoples actual interest rate. If i can get enough interest that I think it could work, ill let you know :)

Oh, I get it, so it would be a BMW MD :lol:

Is it faster in a straight line? I hear those Astras are a biatch when it comes to understeer. Must admit I had a diesel Astra van and it was lightning fast.

1.9 VXDV (diesel van) ;)

I feel another badge coming on here :lol: Well... the car doesnt handle anything like a zed (as expected, just didnt want it to handle differently lol)

Understeers bad, lots of torquesteer when you put your foot down... and the suspension is rock solid compared to the zed. Feel every bump in the road. Even though it bounces... quite strange. As much as people mock uncomfortableness of sports cars, the zed annihilates the astra hands down with comfortability. Apart from the clutch and gearbox. Astra is easy to push down clutch, and my gearbox must have cotton wool inside as its smooth. Still... wouldnt mind a zed again if it got more mpg :p

Personally, I wouldn't even want to advertise that I was driving a diesel Astra, and I certainly wouldn't be making up fake brand badging to that end.

Leave it subtle dude, don't go down the M-sport route of trying to badge up somethings as sporty when it's not.

• Like 1

3D printing is getting fairly cost effective these days, as yes it's new, but a LOT of people have gone "ooh, I can make anything for anyone and basically print money" and splashed out the couple of grand for a 3D printer. Now they're all price cutting each other to get enough work in to pay for their £5,000 toy!

This link might be worthwhile for both you and Wasso :lol:

http://www.3dprint-uk.co.uk/portfolio/pricing/

As an engineer who uses proper CAD programs, sketchup makes me cry.

As people have said, 3D print it, it'd cost you pennies to get done. There are plenty of geeky people around who have built their own or bought cheap 3D printer systems. The machine to 3D print something that size only costs you a couple hundred not thousands. The CAD wouldn't take long to do if you can find the right font for it.