Road noise or Bose ?

jamess115

Hi Zedders, I recently posted a thread re, quality of the Zed's factory fitted bose system. On reflection, this doesn't sound too bad - at least when your standing still.. I am running Bridgestone Potenzas on mine but with windows and volume up, the road noise is so loud, I can't even here the lyrics !! I'm interested in opinions on here as to whether the Zed does suffer from road noise to a large extent or whether the bose really is a crap bit of kit?

Are you guys driving with a Stethoscope to the car? :S

Music/Engine/Exaust all come before I hear anything else...

when your flying there is no road noise tho

and did i just see Dan mention tyres without saying MPSS are needed :p

• Like 1

Are you guys driving with a Stethoscope to the car? :S

Music/Engine/Exaust all come before I hear anything else...

^^^ have to agree ^^^ what he said, can't beat a good exhaust note to drown out any road noise ;)

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

Why don't you emulate some of the bloody idiots out there who drive with headphones on? Can police fine you for such behaviour? It strikes me as more than a little dangerous.

MPSS are a little quieter and will alleviate some noise, as will some heavy sound damping in the boot and possibly a higher quality stereo setup. But if you wanted a quiet car to listen so you can hear music get a Prius. One of the best things about the zed is the exhaust note.

I drive the MR2 with headphones on, as it's just too loud otherwise.

They're noise cancelling ones, and sometimes I'll put music on. Sometimes I just activate them and drive like that. Far less distracting than being partially deaf by the end of the journey :)

I'm reasonably satisfied with the Bose, even as a semi-audiophile. At least satisfied enough not to bother with a HUD / speaker upgrade just yet...

If it helps, here is what I'm using:

MPSS types on the rear.

050A on the front (will probably replace with MPSS when they wear out)

Bose CD player set to +5 bass, -1 treble, possibly -1 rear fade (possibly just 0), Audio PS ON (or whatever it's called)

I've also replaced the relay in the sub amp because it kept cutting out. I don't *think* this has affected the sound, but it seems less "boomy" now?