Petrol tank Cap?

Bigfish

Hey guys, the little plastic strap that holds the fuel cap to the car itself is broken on my Zed, nothing major, would just like to get it fixed. Was wondering if anyone knows if i can get a new plastic lanyard/whatever its actually called or do i have to get a whole new cap unit? Or anything else relevant? ^^ Cheers as always, Matt.

Hi Matt,

Happened on my Zed and I got a new one from Nissan (strap & fuel cap that is). You have to get the whole thing from them unfortunately and was around £25.

I'd try zmanalex a trader on here though if I was you. Try sending him a PM to see if he has one he can sell you.

Link to his area; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/137-zmanalex/

If he can't help you then try R35LEE as I think he breaks Zeds too. :thumbs:

I cant believe we cannot get a decent after market mod for this!

Me too, spent quite a while trying to find one on the internets, convinced myself I was searching for everything it wasnt called lol.. heading down to Nissan tomoro morning, will see what they can do for me ;) ... Cheers!

I've had this problem with mine so what I did was sleeve it with black heat shrink tubing, don't know how long it will last but so far so good!

Edited by ZEUS

My petrol cap strap broke a couple of weeks ago, so I have been doing a bit of research!

Nissan genuine spare approx £31.00 plus postage. You have to buy the cap and strap.

Various pre-owned spares sites, anywhere between £30 and £60!!!!

Courtesy Car Spares in USA, 18.40 USD approx £11 plus shipping and customs, making it around £28 total.

Perhaps we could look at a group buy, if there is enough demand.

Just one of these as mine snapped in the middle. You can get a black one or use tape :)

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B003ZWE7HW

Ah, snapping in the middle.. I'd crimp mine as well, and order another one in the mean time. I mean really don't need the little thing to hold the gas cap on.. but I use it anyway.. feel like I'm being all dainty as I gently hook it on the gas opening hook thing before pumping petrol everytime. ;) -- But, the main reason I do it is so the cap won't swing around an nick the paint. I'm also very careful taking the pump out and have a "technique" not to get any drops on my paint.. lol.