best tyre cleaners/care

neo

I use Tyre and rubber dressing from a valet supplier near me, a 5 litre can cost's about a tenner I seem to think, will last years if you only have one car to do.. better than all the stuff you can get in Car shops.. it's what the trade use..... B)

I had to stop my valeter(?) using his as it takes ages to dry and ends up all over the sills and wheel arches.

I also hate the gloss ones - looks so artificial, but matt seems pointless. I'd really like a quick drying one with the car equivalent of a silk finish......

I don't think it's available in the UK, but Zaino tire cleaner/gloss is number 1 in my book. Goes on with a towel, actually cleans the grime off the tire (so the finish lasts longer), and gives a nice very black silky satin finish. And it doesn't sling off the tire either!

The bonus is that this stuff also works great to detail the interior soft plastic. It even conceals small scratches on the door sills.

I use all the Zaino products exclusively -- the polishes give a long-lasting deep wet look. :D

Guest prescience
I don't think it's available in the UK, but Zaino tire cleaner/gloss is number 1 in my book. Goes on with a towel, actually cleans the grime off the tire (so the finish lasts longer), and gives a nice very black silky satin finish. And it doesn't sling off the tire either!

The bonus is that this stuff also works great to detail the interior soft plastic. It even conceals small scratches on the door sills.

I use all the Zaino products exclusively -- the polishes give a long-lasting deep wet look. :D

All Zaino products are available from Rob at Advanced Car Products (ACP); lust click the link on the forum front page or look in Discounts section. PM moderator for a discount if you need one

:teeth:

http://www.advancedcarproducts.com/prod ... d=16%5FZ16

I use lots of different ones.

to clean the actual wheels I use either Megs Hot Rims or Auto Glym wheel cleaner. I've also used an einzett one that was good.

For the tyres I like megs hot shine tyre spray and auto glym instant tyre dressing there both as good. I also use the megs endurance gel but it's a bit messy so I only use that if I can be bothered.

Now for a cheap tip: Tesco do a can of tyre spray for about a quid. It's not a foam it's just a clear mist spray. It is bloody good stuff. Doesn't last as long as the others on the tyre but for the price it's good for quick touch ups in between washes. :thumbs:

Now, class, repeat after me... Zaino is for Z cars! :D:D:D (I can't help it, I've been an educator for over 30 years.)

Here's what Zaino cleaner/gloss looks like...

t350-103.jpg

And here's a Zaino Z car that hasn't been polished in 3 months -- note the extreme reflectivity... Just imagine what she'd look like if I'd given her a few coats of Zaino polish today!

t350-100.jpg

Oh, heck, here's a couple more, all of these taken today... Keep in mind that this Z has seen almost 5 years of blistering Texas sun and heat and she looks better than the day I drove her off the lot!

t350-101.jpg

t350-102.jpg

Ain't Brickyard the coolest color??? In one photo she's about 16 different colors!

I use Meguiars Endurance as it last a long time and gives a god finish. Put on with an applicator it gets the best results I feel. I am away to change to blackfire though as it is unbelievable!

Tere, I WISH we got that colour in the UK. It is awesome! Although I bet it doesn't look so good in the wet UK weather!

I don't use wheel or tyre cleaners, other than water. Wheel cleaners are acidic full stop, and unless you dry all of your wheels each time you will never stop it eating your wheels.

I have also yet to find a tyre gel / finisher that doesn't cover the arches or paintwork after driving it for the first time. I use it at shows, and then wipe it off before driving. :)

I don't use wheel or tyre cleaners, other than water. Wheel cleaners are acidic full stop, and unless you dry all of your wheels each time you will never stop it eating your wheels.

I have also yet to find a tyre gel / finisher that doesn't cover the arches or paintwork after driving it for the first time. I use it at shows, and then wipe it off before driving. :)

Endurance Gloss hasn't done that to my car. Maybe your putting too much on ;):p

Endurance Gloss hasn't done that to my car. Maybe your putting too much on ;):p

Depends if you're being judged on the presentation of your car - then you notice it! ;):p

Now, class, repeat after me... Zaino is for Z cars! :D:D:D (I can't help it, I've been an educator for over 30 years.)

Here's what Zaino cleaner/gloss looks like...

t350-103.jpg

And here's a Zaino Z car that hasn't been polished in 3 months -- note the extreme reflectivity... Just imagine what she'd look like if I'd given her a few coats of Zaino polish today!

t350-100.jpg

Oh, heck, here's a couple more, all of these taken today... Keep in mind that this Z has seen almost 5 years of blistering Texas sun and heat and she looks better than the day I drove her off the lot!

t350-101.jpg

t350-102.jpg

Ain't Brickyard the coolest color??? In one photo she's about 16 different colors!

Thats what I have got and it does just what it says on the bottle. All the range is good. :thumbs: