best tyre cleaners/care

neo

It looks fantastic Tere. But you havn't just had the wettest July on record. :thumbdown:
Oh, yeah, she has also withstood the great Texas monsoons of '07 which contributed to no polishing for 3 months. Sun, wind, rain, it doesn't matter, Zaino just keeps right on shining. By the way, I polish my windscreen with the stuff and even during the monsoons, I didn't need to use the wipers. :D:D:D

I don't use wheel or tyre cleaners, other than water. Wheel cleaners are acidic full stop, and unless you dry all of your wheels each time you will never stop it eating your wheels.

I have also yet to find a tyre gel / finisher that doesn't cover the arches or paintwork after driving it for the first time. I use it at shows, and then wipe it off before driving. :)

Zaino is for you! It will not sling off, and I haven't seen it nibbling at my tires in the least. :thumbs:

If you want to bring home the trophies at shows, and have a dark colored Z, you're going to find it tough to beat Zaino for depth, reflectivity and luster. When your Z is parked next to the others in the show, it's guaranteed to stand apart because the shine is so unique and distinctive. It works well for other colors, but it's not quite as overpowering in shows.

I don't know how the judges are in the UK, but in the US, you're likely to lose points for overly oily looking tires. Same goes for your interior. Basically, if you use something like ArmorAll, don't set your sights on getting a trophy. That's where the Zaino tire cleaner/gloss strikes just the right balance to keep points on your tally sheet. It would be a rare show that my 350 loses more than 3-4 points -- the last show, the judge spent one hour and ten minutes going over her with a microscope, and he was very nit picky, even looking at the underside. He also ran his fingers over a tire to see if they came away with an oily residue -- they didn't.

My 350 probably has close to 50 coats of Z-2/Z-5, and with every coat it gets even better.

Slightly off topic, but y'all should be able to see in the side shots that she's dropped about an inch all around -- Tein Flex coilovers... :D

Along with the big brakes and Goodrich KDWs, it makes her a really wicked tracking Z.

It's pretty much the same, if anything comes off on the hand then it gets points deducted.

I lost points a couple of years ago because at the second show a judge put a fingerprint on my passenger vanity mirror. Third show, he checked if it was still there! It was. :blush:

Now that's downright nasty!

Last show, just before the judges arrived, I had a little kid decide to plaster his handprints all over the driver's side! He was about a nanosecond short of having a very abbreviated life span when his father finally pulled him away. :rant:

It looks fantastic Tere. But you havn't just had the wettest July on record. :thumbdown:
Oh, yeah, she has also withstood the great Texas monsoons of '07 which contributed to no polishing for 3 months. Sun, wind, rain, it doesn't matter, Zaino just keeps right on shining. By the way, I polish my windscreen with the stuff and even during the monsoons, I didn't need to use the wipers. :D:D:D

Zaino does it for me, been blasting round the lakes for two days and it still looks good.

Picture.jpg

I hate that "paving" method -- every year lay down fresh tar and stone. They do it on all the country roads around here, and of course those roads are the most fun to drive in the Texas hill country -- constant twisties. So you have to plan the driving outings to avoid all the roads that have had that done in the last few months.

We also have the notorious gravel transport trucks on the main roads which seem to spew half their load just going from points A to B. :yuck:

Notice I didnt show the front, local council have just "surface dressed" the local roads, stonchip hell :rant:

They did that here too recently on the ringroad. Fortunately they did it in the opposite direction that I went that day, which was pure fluke as my normal route would have taken me straight into it :rant: My GF wasnt so lucky, she was the one who found out, but better her Corsa than my Zed!

looked for the meguiars, was £7.99 in halfords thought it was a lot, so went for turtle wax wet'n'black for £3.68 from asda instead (after a little net research), it's still a spray type but used one of those little meguiar sponge thingies to apply it, dunno how long it may last but looks good so far :)

http://www.turtlewaxuk.com/prod.asp?Partcode=FG3668

I've never heard about anything actually doing damage to your tyre so that's interesting.

As for resurfacing of roads - I turned down my usual country road on the way home the other day and as soon as I entered the road I saw it had just been done - I was so pi**ed off! Of course I'm crawling along because I love my car but lots of selfish arses just flying past me in the other direction and showering my car! :rant:

I agree with your thoughts - it ain't gonna rot your tyres so they rip apart as you head down the road at 70. :headhurt: But, it depends if you want the better or best stuff rather than the, well, erm, cheap stuff.

See if this link gives you any info (though may not be absolutely about your stuff).... Detailing World is a great site.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... id=1046988

You could also get the opinion of Rich @ polishedbliss.co.uk as he's been very helpful to me.