350z LPG

350zmadconnor

Has any one had experience with a 350z on LPG i previously had l200 v6 3.0l on LPG and the fuel economy is brilliant and it's just the same as running on petrol but 50% cheaper would be interesting to see if anyone has out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be the cost of it that determines if you go ahead.

If I got a brand new car and I was going to keep it for 5 Years and do about 50-100k miles, then yes I'd do it.

But with the Zed, to make you money back in savings from the LPG installation, it is going to take a lot of miles....

I.e. imagine the installation costs £10k - and You save 50p and Litre and save an extra 10p per mile. - You'd need to fill up 14k litres of fuel to break even. (This maths is a total crap comparison, but just to give you an idea :lol: )

More Maths - With those numbers above - at 30mpg - You'd need to do 90k Miles :lol:

Edited by grundy225

Sorry Connor, it's just in your intro thread (where colour seemed to be priority) you stated that you weren't worried about MPG,but now enquiring about an LPG conversion.

• Like 1

Iv been in contact with a couple of garages to see about getting a brc system fitted most start from £1800 so in theory LPG half price so you would have to spend £3600 on fuel £3600 would get you around 14000miles??? So in the long run it would be worth putting the system on if I was to keep the car for couple years

14n just asking questions iv had LPG trucks in the past and the engine seems to run 3x better my l200 clocked around to 160k on clock going strong along with my brothers of 210k on clock all on LPG steel running strong

Being as they like super unleaded to be safe i would worry about LPG unless someone can prove to me otherwise

Super unleaded is 97+ RON, LPG is 100 - 106 RON. Nothing to worry about, in fact the FI guys could potentially run higher boost before getting detonation :)

Reason for LPG is I had a l200 v6 on gas and it run spot on 160k clock not once went into the garage the oil was as clean as anything the engine ran spot on and my garage reason is because it was on lpg

So it's not down to keeping the car serviced and looked after? LPG Is a miracle drug that makes our cars immortal :scare:

Sold, where do I sign up?

Everyone Guna go of there experience with cars just happened so I had a high millage l200 on gas for a year and not 1 problem I was hopping I would meet someone with a 350 on gas but il go see my garage and see what he reckons cheers thow :)