Nissan don't do Le Mans Touch Up

gstraw

Hey

I'm after a Le Mans blue touch up pen but nissan don't do this colour any more. Any ideas where I can get it?

Someone's already tried touching up the car with what looks like a navy so I really want the colour to match exactly.

Any existing Le Mans owners who have used a pen please advise?

Thanks

Hey

I'm after a Le Mans blue touch up pen but nissan don't do this colour any more. Any ideas where I can get it?

Someone's already tried touching up the car with what looks like a navy so I really want the colour to match exactly.

Any existing Le Mans owners who have used a pen please advise?

Thanks

If you know the paint code try paints4u

http://www.paints4u.com/

Give them a call, they do aerosol and touch up tins.

Thanks guys. Strange how kids a don't have it or they should at least provide the service of mixing it up for you if it's not available off the shelf.

Had a look at paints 4 u and they have loads of different kinds. What's best? I hear people use a toothpick to fill up the paint slowly?

As with anything, prep work and patience is the key to a decent job... which is why anything I do usually doesn't turn out too well!

Tooth pick is a very good idea. There are loads of videos on youtube for tips on techniques etc.

Thanks guys. Strange how kids a don't have it or they should at least provide the service of mixing it up for you if it's not available off the shelf.

Had a look at paints 4 u and they have loads of different kinds. What's best? I hear people use a toothpick to fill up the paint slowly?

Paints4U do touch up spears as kits with their touch up paints these are small and pointed specifically for fine touch up lines

Added this https://www.paints4u.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=6912

Edited by cmck13

It depends on what you're trying to address. If it's just the usual stone chips on the bumper then you'll probably be ok with the tooth pick approach, but you could also investigate a solution called Chipex which works quite well for chips (just Google it). Anything more than a chip and I'd be quite wary about trying to repair it yourself. I posted quite some time ago about wasting about a £100 on products to try to mask a small but quite deep and noticeable scratch I got on my previous 370Zs door from a lamp post. In the end I couldn't get a finish I was happy with and ended up getting it sorted by a bodyshop. Yes it was expensive but the result was a totally invisible repair - well worth the money for me as leaving it as it was would have bugged me to death.

I went to halfords too but they said their paint doesn't have lawyer mixed into it and it's a seep rate spray can. I've heard the best and neat way of doing stone chips is to get the laquer mixed in then build up with toothpick.

Cmp how did yours look after you touched it up? Any pics?