New Gearstick Gaiter and Handbrake Cover (With Pics)

Toothy

I really like those.....browsing shop now. Hmmmm also available in blue stitch. Might not be able to resist it, or the seat belt fastener shrouds.

Those sunvisor covers are perfect for anyone planning to dye the roof lining black

• 2 weeks later...

Got half my handbrake gaitor on so far lol. Been at it with an old store card to prevent scratching the surrounds. Hoping to finish off the set this weekend!

You do know that the rubber surround around the handbrake lever is removable.

undo it, feed gaitor thru, then use a flat plastic thing (like a ruler) and tuck it all away, then refit the rubber ;)

Got half my handbrake gaitor on so far lol. Been at it with an old store card to prevent scratching the surrounds. Hoping to finish off the set this weekend!

You do know that the rubber surround around the handbrake lever is removable.

undo it, feed gaitor thru, then use a flat plastic thing (like a ruler) and tuck it all away, then refit the rubber ;)

Will it go back nice and flush as before? Just worried about ripping it when taking it off...are there any "weak spots" on it I should be aware of?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a head's-up, I have the armrest covers in the same colour way (Black-orange stitching), they are supposed to be stretch over and glue on. They are not! They are too small, however if you peel the existing Nissan plastic covers off and use a couple of mole grips tools then they can be made to fit by stretching them over a couple of days and some strong contact adhesive. They look great when done though. :teeth:

I ordered a set but none of the holes matched up,there to far away and the old gaitor has square bits to the surround also,have I ordered the wrong one I did but the set for a 2004,is there a guide?

No problems with holes matching up for me. Double check you are getting it the correct way around and then contact the seller if you still have a problem. They have possibly sent you the wrong one.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Fitted this yesterday night. Gear knob was easy enough but the hand brake was a nightmare. I gave up after a bit as the football was coming on (wish I hadn't bothered with that)

Did you guy have the handbrake up or down when you fitted it? I tried to remove the rubber part around but was too scared of it not going back into place.

Hey guys,

Fitted this yesterday night. Gear knob was easy enough but the hand brake was a nightmare. I gave up after a bit as the football was coming on (wish I hadn't bothered with that)

Did you guy have the handbrake up or down when you fitted it? I tried to remove the rubber part around but was too scared of it not going back into place.

It is a very tight squeeze and you may of seen I gave up on my first attempt aswell :bang:

I fitted mine with the handbrake up and with the rubber surround still in position (I didn't want to remove it either). I found a fork with a flat rounded handle did the job of literally wedging the leather down between the handle and the console. Once it's started and you've got some of the leather in all the way round, it gets easier. Then it's just a case of fine tuning, pulling the handbrake on and off and wedging the gaitor until you're happy.

Good luck! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hey guys,

It is a very tight squeeze and you may of seen I gave up on my first attempt aswell :bang:

I fitted mine with the handbrake up and with the rubber surround still in position (I didn't want to remove it either). I found a fork with a flat rounded handle did the job of literally wedging the leather down between the handle and the console. Once it's started and you've got some of the leather in all the way round, it gets easier. Then it's just a case of fine tuning, pulling the handbrake on and off and wedging the gaitor until you're happy.

Good luck! :thumbs:

Thanks Ian,

I gave up pretty quickly and the champions league was coming on(wish I gave up on that as well)

Will get out with a fork tonight and hopefully have a bit more luck!!

• 5 months later...