Fuel gauge - last dot not lighting up,when filled up?

Brayster

Anyone else had this? Seems a problem in USA but searched this uk forum and it does nt seem so popular...

Could it be the shell v power??... Was ok when I bought it... Looks like the 2 yr warranty is getting abused!,

I thought so initially until I googled it?.. Looks like it could be a fuel sender ?.

I wondered if nissan will argue or just change.. Also if I have to fill it up to prove it. Surely they have to empty the tank to fix???.?

Anyone else had this? Seems a problem in USA but searched this uk forum and it does nt seem so popular...

Could it be the shell v power??... Was ok when I bought it... Looks like the 2 yr warranty is getting abused!,

Odd, why do you think it could be shell power? I filled up first time with it the other day, one dot down pretty quick then it came back following day!..

Because I only use that and it used to work.. Some USA forums said that when adding fuel cleaner sometimes it cures the problem - thus I was wondering if shel power might have something in it that affected the sender????

• 8 months later...

I always use Shell Nitro. My last dot usually never lights up when full and leaving the petrol station, however have noticed it later and all dots are on. I doubt it's the fuel.

Mines the same, totally brimmed but the last light sometimes doesn't come on straight away, usually lights up after a couple of miles or so

Mine lights some times but not always.

Hmm not just me then... I've stopped filling it up now a days as shell have offers on their points cards ... I get more points for filling up £30 x 3 times in a month than I do for £90 once ..

Never really looked at the miles left reading ....

My last 370 did this but only occasionally. Never really bothered me and I didn't bother getting it seen to because the chances were I couldn't replicate it.

I've brimmed all the cars I've owned and have always been in the habit of resetting the tripmeter to zero. The LED on the 370 is, IMO, a nice to have and I've never paid much heed to it. I know, depending on what type of cutting about I'm doing, what I should be getting mileage wise. The warning on low fuel has never failed and always errs on the side of caution.

If your cars under 3 years old by all means get the dealer to fix it.

Mine only comes on for a little while then goes out .........

This is followed by the lights below going out in rapid succession - I don't think it's a fault I think it's a heavy right foot ;)

• Like 1

I've brimmed all the cars I've owned and have always been in the habit of resetting the tripmeter to zero.

I do this on my 350Z too, roughly drive to around the 300 mile mark.

DTE light comes on at about 275-ish, but when I brim it I only manage to put in around 50-55 litres.

So if the tank is indeed 80 litres then I always have 20+ litres left when DTE comes on?

Edited by BulletMagnet