Anxiety

Rocky4510

Also I've just read the gym bit.........DO NOT take creatine to bulk up if your feeling anxious. The side effects can mimic the symptoms of anxiety and make you feel worse.

All my mates have been telling me to take creatine/whey gainer and stuff to bulk up and i was always worried if there was side effects of the stuff lol. Thanks for the heads up :thumbs:

Also, it doesn't work for everyone.....hubby took it for ages and worked out at the gym. Absolutely no effect, on the plus side he can eat like a pig every night and never gain weight. It all depends on your build & genetic makeup. Anything that overstimulates your brain can be bad as well, too much gaming can leave you wired which may make your symptoms worse. Really feel for you mate and very brave for you to share x

3 pieces of advice

1) go to the gym

2) keep yourself busy keeps the minds busy and will help you to forget about yourself

3) KEEP YOURSELF BUSY

Remember when your having your anxiety or panic attacks your body is at its strongest getting ready for the fight or flight

Your dark time WILL pass and you will come out the other side mentally stronger

• Like 1

Also I've just read the gym bit.........DO NOT take creatine to bulk up if your feeling anxious. The side effects can mimic the symptoms of anxiety and make you feel worse.

All my mates have been telling me to take creatine/whey gainer and stuff to bulk up and i was always worried if there was side effects of the stuff lol. Thanks for the heads up :thumbs:

Also, it doesn't work for everyone.....hubby took it for ages and worked out at the gym. Absolutely no effect, on the plus side he can eat like a pig every night and never gain weight. It all depends on your build & genetic makeup. Anything that overstimulates your brain can be bad as well, too much gaming can leave you wired which may make your symptoms worse. Really feel for you mate and very brave for you to share x

I'm very similar, I could eat a farm and not gain a pound! I just assume I've got a high metabolism. I'm also guilty about my games, when I tend to start feeling bad I turn straight to games to try take my mind off things, but I'll try my best to get out this habit and learn other techniques.

Thanks again to everyone for their advice, it means a lot! I wasn't sure wether to make a post about how I was feeling but now I'm glad I did. Bradders I'll pop you a pm

Sent from Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've had medication induced anxiety and as said before, the 3 best things for me were mindfulness, particularly breathing exercises, exercise and the gym and finally for me, golf! Even if it's just a driving range. Its so hard and you have to concentrate so much, you forget about your anxiety. Good luck with it, don't be afraid to speak to your gp, maybe even some diazepam may be useful if it becomes unmanageable in the short term.

Sent from my AT10LE-A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I also suffered with this. It is quite interesting when an anxiety thread pops up on a forum as it shows just how common it can be. I'm on a bodybuilding forum and many of the people on their have anxiety issues.

My story is a little different tho. I had panic attacks when I was really young which subsided when I got to about 14. Then at 25 after a big party one night I had a HUGE panic attack and the next morning woke up with something called "derealization", I ended up developing severe OCD, anxiety and depression.

I'm sharing this because I ended up overcoming these problems over three years ago now, back when I was unwell I never thought that would be possible.

Don't take any meds for it, eat well, go to the gym, read about CBT therapy and keep yourself busy and remember it will pass ;)

• Like 1

I also suffered with this. It is quite interesting when an anxiety thread pops up on a forum as it shows just how common it can be. I'm on a bodybuilding forum and many of the people on their have anxiety issues.

My story is a little different tho. I had panic attacks when I was really young which subsided when I got to about 14. Then at 25 after a big party one night I had a HUGE panic attack and the next morning woke up with something called "derealization", I ended up developing severe OCD, anxiety and depression.

I'm sharing this because I ended up overcoming these problems over three years ago now, back when I was unwell I never thought that would be possible.

Don't take any meds for it, eat well, go to the gym, read about CBT therapy and keep yourself busy and remember it will pass ;)

I'm glad you recovered from it nicely, thankyou for the advice. Its weird how everyone with similar issues always end up at the gym to help overcome it lol.

I should be hearing back from "Mind" somepoint next week to get the ball rolling about CBT. I've actually been a bit more of myself these last couple of days just by getting it off my chest I guess and hearing from your guys experiences and realising I'm not alone

• Like 2

I'm glad you recovered from it nicely, thankyou for the advice. Its weird how everyone with similar issues always end up at the gym to help overcome it lol.

I should be hearing back from "Mind" somepoint next week to get the ball rolling about CBT. I've actually been a bit more of myself these last couple of days just by getting it off my chest I guess and hearing from your guys experiences and realising I'm not alone

Yea man, it's way more common than you realise and people end up in the gym because it really can work wonders once you get into it.

I also went from being 9.5 stone "skinny fat" to 11.8 stone and in good shape, thats a bonus too :thumbs:

• Like 1

ive had quite a bad time over the last year and a half and this has caused depression and anxiety attacks. I read up a bit on the internet about how to deal with it and going to the gym helped a good bit aswell as spending time with good friends and family but sometimes you just need to be yourself, just make sure its no for too long. I was put off going to the doctors as I didnt want it to be on my medical records. i have a hard time telling people how i feel so no one actually knows that ive suffered these things. the way i coped with the anxiety and panic attacks, i know people will be against it but i smoked weed, it calms me down and makes me look at the situations from a more clear point of view. i know its illegal but its hard to ignore the medicinal uses of it. what i did find out was that too much, all of the time didnt help my depression so it was all about just smoking when the anxiety was coming on its worst.

keep a positive mind and life will get better as i know because im getting better all the time, still have some bad days but fight through it and you can enjoy life again

Edited by The Chubby Ninja

i suffer it real bad but apparently I do not show it.

I have done stupid things that I won't publicise.

But tablets are not a cure as they don't get to the root.

Counselling is very old fashioned and unless your on a 1-2-1 basis with a counsellor rarely works.

I find for me that just cruising along late at night helps relax me or doing something I like.

Each one of us is different and only we can find our own inner piece.

• Like 1

Watched one of my friends go through this for quite some time, was really worrying us. Switched to a good diet, dropped the rubbish out, and regular exercise, now things are back to normal and we have our happy friend back again.

• Like 1

This is a horrible topic, but is good to see that others go through the same thing that you do, and that you are not alone.

I have battled with depression since I was around 15, and the anxiety that come with it are not the nicest. Normally I am a very happy chap, who wouldn't say boo to a goose, but then it can be like flipping a switch, and all hell breaks loose.

At present, I am far from my worse, and more often than not I wake up with a smile.

I am very lucky in the fact that my wife understands, and supports me. I have seen a doc, but he offered no help (quite typical for the ones around here), so when it gets bad, I do feel like I'm on my own.

All I can say to anyone reading this who doesn't want to talk publicly about it, is that it helps! The fog does lift, and there is always another way!

Also, as bronzee said, cutting the crap from your diet, and drinking more water does help! I'm a real a***hole when I have a big mac!

Have you tried out the technique i told you yet?

Not yet lad, I've been feeling a little better after talking to some people about it like yourself. I'm not feeling my normal self just yet but I havent been bad enough to need to try your method just yet lol. I've got it saved just incase I need to tho :p

Yup, took some nuts to post this, it doesn't affect me but I really don't know if I could've posted the same thing. It's great that so much positiveness has come out of this and people have helped each other again. :)

Yup, took some nuts to post this, it doesn't affect me but I really don't know if I could've posted the same thing. It's great that so much positiveness has come out of this and people have helped each other again. :)

Yeah, I really wanted to post about it a long time ago for advice but I kinda thought I would of got shot down. Turns out people from here aint just extremely helpful with cars :thumbs:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
How's things going with this? tried any of the techniques yet? touch wood, i've still managed to keep myself panic free for nearly 2 years now!

I'm doing ok mate. What you told me has helped me a lot when I start to feel a panic coming on, but I still get weird feelings on and off throughout everyday it's just really hard to explain lol.

I'm glad you recovered from yours, hopefully I'll stop worrying about life and be in the same boat as you soon lol. But thanks for asking, it's good to know people care

Sent from Tapatalk

Is it like a sinking heavy feeling on your gut/chest? when i used to get it i couldn't/didnt want to leave the house, i'd just curl up on the sofa or visit my safe house the trusted bog lol. always made me feel better sitting on the toilet for unknown reasons! but i'd keel up on the sofa and feel tied but couldn't sleep, start breathing deeply and just wanna be on your own for a bit.

Not sure how i got over that one but i think that was like borderline depression? when i went docs they kept asking me if id ever thought that suicide was the answer!!, they asked it so much it started to keep crossing my mind! not that i would ever do it!

Just have to keep telling yourself, you have an awesome gf, you have a roof over your head, you've got a sweet car and lifes good. You know what helped me learn the values a bit more, one slightly drunk evening, come out of a bar and see a homeless guy with his dog, i sat beside him for a good hour chatting about how he's got there etc... made me value my life alot more, no i've not got everything in the world, but right now i have what i need and thats what makes me happy!

Hope you get it sorted soon, if you ever go docs and they try offer you beta blockers or anything like that don't opt for them. You could also try hypnotherapy which i was offered several times.

Is it like a sinking heavy feeling on your gut/chest? when i used to get it i couldn't/didnt want to leave the house, i'd just curl up on the sofa or visit my safe house the trusted bog lol. always made me feel better sitting on the toilet for unknown reasons! but i'd keel up on the sofa and feel tied but couldn't sleep, start breathing deeply and just wanna be on your own for a bit.

Not sure how i got over that one but i think that was like borderline depression? when i went docs they kept asking me if id ever thought that suicide was the answer!!, they asked it so much it started to keep crossing my mind! not that i would ever do it!

Just have to keep telling yourself, you have an awesome gf, you have a roof over your head, you've got a sweet car and lifes good. You know what helped me learn the values a bit more, one slightly drunk evening, come out of a bar and see a homeless guy with his dog, i sat beside him for a good hour chatting about how he's got there etc... made me value my life alot more, no i've not got everything in the world, but right now i have what i need and thats what makes me happy!

Hope you get it sorted soon, if you ever go docs and they try offer you beta blockers or anything like that don't opt for them. You could also try hypnotherapy which i was offered several times.

You literally sum me up everytime you say something lol. It is kind of heavy feeling on my stomach yeah, which makes me take small and quick breaths and starts to turn into a bit of a panic, thinking there's things wrong with me etc.. I just don't think a doc will understand and won't really care.

Yeah you're right, I look back at my life and I'm still young, got great family/car/money etc. People are in a much worse place than I am, but I'm the one that's depressed. I guess it's just the mental health issues that I have are getting me down and being an 'overthinker' really messes with your mind lol

I still haven't really looked much into therapy, but it's something I need to do I guess. Again, I just worry about the costs/nothing's going to work/waste of time etc which puts me off everytime

Sent from Tapatalk