Hola chicos!

twobears

Pointless post really but I just thought I'd say hola :) Somehow I seem to have ended up living in Madrid by myself whilst Mr Twobears jets around the world like some sort of international playboy (the last bit is in his dreams only!!). He's in the UK at the moment and then he's off to Bratislava, next stop Vienna and then Poland. On the plus side the weather is great, the shops are amazing and, with all this time on my hands, my Spanish is improving immensely. Viva españa and all that :)

• Like 5

Hola! Sounds idyllic. Although i think if the risk of avalanche wasn't so great and the noise limits were lifted, i think the French / Swiss Alps would be my haunt. Given the years travelling down there, the roads and many of the mountain passes are out of this world!

Enjoy Spain! One of the only countries in Europe i've never been to! And after seeing Benidorm on TV, i'm not sure i want to :lol::D

Edited by Shifty6Speed

I'd never been to Spain before I moved here either :) I live in the poshest part of Madrid so I'm pretty sure it's nothing like Benidorm. I'd rather have my finger nails pulled out than go somewhere like that! I'm not a city person to be honest but it's a lot more relaxed here than London or Paris, for example, and there's a lovely big park at the end of my street and lots of pavement cafés etc.

• Like 1

I'd never been to Spain before I moved here either :) I live in the poshest part of Madrid so I'm pretty sure it's nothing like Benidorm. I'd rather have my finger nails pulled out than go somewhere like that! I'm not a city person to be honest but it's a lot more relaxed here than London or Paris, for example, and there's a lovely big park at the end of my street and lots of pavement cafés etc.

Sounds beautiful to me! I can pitch up my tent in the park when i come to stay then :-D

Hi everyone!

Yes, still safely stowed away waiting for my return. I miss him but I've stopped having dreams about driving him now. Hope there aren't any psychologists on here to interpret that just in case it has some other subconscious meaning!

Howdy doody to you too Will :)

I don't mind him wandering all over the globe really Graham. I'm quite happy doing my own thing. I've joined a nice gym with a pool and the temperature is 29 degrees at the moment so what's not to like, ha ha :)

Hi Annie :wave: Such a hard life you have at the moment. :p

You've got a nice 'little' football match going on on the 24th. That should make the city rock a little more than usual for you.

Other than that you need a lodger. Sure the forum can provide a few.............................(long weekend lodgers that is) :lol:

• Like 1

Hi Chris :). My friend lives right next to the stadium and it's chaos on match days! Fortunately he's a big football fan. I'm not but I think it's really funny when they all gather round one of two fountains depending on who won! I think the big match is in Lisbon?

Hi just got back from Madrid, great city full of culture, stayed at the Villa Real had some great nights in Casa Alberto good tapas and beer not bad since its been running 187 years and still has the original marble and steel bar. Envy you a lot. :thumbs:

Hi Matt :)

Mr Twobears just Skyped me to tell me he's freezing in the UK and he's had to put the central heating on in his hotel room. He's a bit peeved because it's going to be 31 degrees here at the weekend, ha ha.