58 members have voted

1. 1. What is the thing you HATE the most on your 350Z

• Exterior Styling
    • Interior Styling
    • Engine Sound
    • Exhaust Sound (OEM)
    • Ride and Handling
    • Ride Comfort ( for a sports car...)
    • Quality of Materials (interior exterior)
    • The Z Heritage and history
    • Nissan Reputation for dullness
    • The 350z lack of options for tuning and performance increases
    • The Attention it draws from passers by and other drivers.
    • Value for Money
    • Cost of running ( for a porsche challenger!)
    • The lack of attention to details ( e.g. long whippy aerials)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, i've been and looked again and this is what I have when I scroll through them all (by the way, holding the button down does nothing)

1. Temp

2. KM DTE

3. KM per Litre and Av KM per hour

4. Mins and Secs elapsed and KM elapsed

5. H: M: S: (hours mins secs) and lap timer

6. RPM

7. KM/per hour

defo no clock with the actual time on it.

I have taken photos on my mobile if anyone wants to check.

According to the handbook the clock is between 6 & 7 on your list. It then goes on to say that you need to keep the change button pressed for more than 3 seconds to change the hours/minutes (allow 5 seconds between these to make changes). It also says you need to have the ignition on to make the changes.

Failing that you'll just have to be late like every other woman :p (only kidding ;) )

I really hate the fact the dash lights come on as soon as you start the car... They should only come on when I switch the lights on!! Arrghh!

That's true. Seems to be a Jap thing. Toyota are the same. I've seen many people in the city driving at night with no headlights on mainly because headlights don't help the driver much in city driving. They will of course, if they're unlucky, have an accident in which it is likely they'd be blamed.

Speaking of lights, I've got another one. If I catch the indicator combi switch at a certain angle I accidentally turn off the headlamps.

Guy

Strange isn't it? I love the fact that the dash lights are on all the time.

Tbh too if you can't see that your lights aren't on (regardless of whether you're in the city or not) then you need your eyes testing.

I quite like the dash being illuminated as well.

+1, its great in the day time, I do though have my dash lights on the darkest setting, I can't stand bright lights in the car at night

position of hazard and heated seat switches, always hitting them with my elbows

I've noticed the hazard light switch in the 07 has been moved to in front of the gear lever. But I know what you mean. Under elbow space isn't a good place to have switches.

I love the Zed apart from its lardy weight. If this car could be 200-250kg lighter then the relative performance increase would be amazing.

Hehe, then you move to an 07 an it's heavier again. I guess what they call a "base" or "enthusiast" model in Japan/US is a better option for a light Z.

No permanent clock display and the paint, well, were all aware of that one.

If you have the Bose head unit, you can program the time to display there, presuming the presets are the same in the UK. ;)

Some of the things that drives me most nuts about the design of the older models like my 04 is the crazy wonky dipstick, impossible to get a decent reading off and to get back in. I'd also like to see the door, rest area a little less bulky for the reason being, if some lovely person parked a tad close, it's almost impossible to get back in, even doing gymnastics. :lol:

The useless handbrake.

yeah, my handbrake is a bit dodgy as well - my son tried to scare me by saying that's because the last person used the car for drifting! :scare:

That because he's been out perfecting his drifing skills with your spare set of keys :lol::lol:

yeah, my handbrake is a bit dodgy as well

Pretty common issue. I think most of us in NZ have their handbrake tightened each service. Sigh.... Seems to be pretty common issue with 350's in US too. Oh to have the handbrake my Spec R-S15 had.

yeah, my handbrake is a bit dodgy as well - my son tried to scare me by saying that's because the last person used the car for drifting! :scare:

That because he's been out perfecting his drifing skills with your spare set of keys :lol::lol:

Don't say that!

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone with an import confirm this? I've just looked at the PDF handbook which applies to US cars I think and the clock is not listed. And I'm never late! Well nearly never.......

Sorry, Nixy, I've just picked up on this thread. I don't have a clock setting on my import either - the sequence I have is just as you describe it. I bought a cheap after market digital clock which I have mounted in my sat-nav bracket in the cubby. I just remove on the odd occasions when I need to use the sat-nav.

Can anyone with an import confirm this? I've just looked at the PDF handbook which applies to US cars I think and the clock is not listed. And I'm never late! Well nearly never.......

Sorry, Nixy, I've just picked up on this thread. I don't have a clock setting on my import either - the sequence I have is just as you describe it. I bought a cheap after market digital clock which I have mounted in my sat-nav bracket in the cubby. I just remove on the odd occasions when I need to use the sat-nav.

Now we know for definite Nixy - you have no clock in the small guage. The Nissan Europe manual for Bose audio systems does not mention anything about a clock function, but keep your fingers crossed someone who has an import with the original Jap audio set-up can say if has a clock - it would be unusual for a relatively modern car not to have a clock at all :thumbs:

Ah thanks for that - I thought I was going mad! I never had a clock on my type R so it's not that uncommon as they are sometimes just in the head unit. If you then change the head unit to one with no clock you're stuffed! I have got a clock in the head unit but I just wanted to know why I was different! :blush:

[Now we know for definite Nixy - you have no clock in the small guage. The Nissan Europe manual for Bose audio systems does not mention anything about a clock function, but keep your fingers crossed someone who has an import with the original Jap audio set-up can say if has a clock - it would be unusual for a relatively modern car not to have a clock at all :thumbs:

Taken from the Kiwiland Owners Manual, page 1-23 & 1-24

Adjusting or setting time:

1. Turn the audio unit on.

2. Keep pressing the DISP (clock) button (A = 2nd left button) until the clock display starts to flash.

3. Press the SEEK/TRACK button (B) (up arrow left & up arrow on far right buttons) to adjust the hour. Press the TUNE button © (up/down arrows far right buttons) to adjust the minute.

Pressing the (left up arrow or up arrow right) side will advance the time and the (left down arrow or right down arrow side will turn back the time.

4. Press the DISP button (A = 2nd left button) to finish the adjustment.

Resetting:

During the clock adjustment mode, pressing the DISP & TUNE buttons will reset the time to the time signal.

Don't know if that will help. The picy in the manual is a bit tiny to be any good scanned.