How to scare birds away?

Vlad

...no, I'm not talking about females (I do that great anyway, without any advice :lol:)

Basically, there's a little bushy tree right next to my parking spot for the Zed. I guess birds chilling there and when they fly off - they have a need to sh*t on my car

photo_zps4ff8733a.jpg

I keep washing it off quickly (as dont have time to wash my car every day)...but it's just ridiculous now!

Other cars, parked father away from that bush/tree stay clean (most annoying thing that its an old saxo with dents and very old 306, that has lacquer pealing and paint faded...so nobody cares about them lol)

I know there are things that you can get to scare cats away etc...they make some kind of noise or something... I was wondering if there is anything similar you can get to scare birds away? (Or make it non-sh*t zone :lol: )

P.s. riffle is not ideal as neighbours across might get suspicious :lol:

Edited by Vlad

Hahaha I bloody knew ill get this sort of answers :lol:

Trimming it down is not an option...as its not mine lol

Tent over it not ideal either, as ill be more worried of it getting lose when it's windy and causing even more damage...

I guess nobody heard of one of them electrical things? Similar to ones that scare cars away? Well, I guess they don't exist :lol:

Humpy, thanks mate :)

Apparently birds like to crap on nice clean cars because they mistake the reflections for water, and like to relieve themselves over water. Not sure exactly how true that is.

I would be tempted to trim the bush back too.

Without wanting to sound like a nerd... :yuck:

Safe housing for birds is getting more scarce every year.

Getting something to cover your car would be a better way to go than trying to get rid of the birds.

Cleaning bird s#!t off a cover must be easier than cleaning it off you car...

I guess nobody heard of one of them electrical things? Similar to ones that scare cars away? Well, I guess they don't exist :lol:

Not sure it's the CAR that you want to scare away :D

Apparently birds like to crap on nice clean cars because they mistake the reflections for water, and like to relieve themselves over water. Not sure exactly how true that is.

That is your answer right there Vlad, dont clean your car ever again :lol:

Haha well, if I scare other cars away- I can park in their, sh*t-free, spot :lol:

But yea, that meant to say "cats" :)

• Like 1

HOW MUCH? :lol: for that money ill sit outside myself and scare them away :lol:

Without wanting to sound like a nerd... :yuck:

Safe housing for birds is getting more scarce every year.

Getting something to cover your car would be a better way to go than trying to get rid of the birds.

Cleaning bird s#!t off a cover must be easier than cleaning it off you car...

Yea, looks like car cover is on my list to buy now lol

I've, got it :teeth:

Spray the tree with catnip . . . although you may find the cats being a problem, rather then the birds.

You could get a Dog then :lol:

Haha last thing I want around my car - is cats! I regularly see a cat walking around and eyeing up that nice and warm carbon bonnet...but I tell him that even RSPCA won't help him if he decides to come any closer to it...works so far :lol:

That is your answer right there Vlad, dont clean your car ever again :lol:

Might just get matt black rattle can out and respray my car :lol:

Park somewhere else...

Can park in visitors bit...but people who park there - don't give a sh*t about their or other's cars...so don't fancy getting door dings :(

Been there mate, not worth it. My parking space where I used to live was next to the visitors spaces. My doors were never safe, happened that often I started parking on the street...

Then some idiot decided walk over the bonnet and roof...

Bird s#!t is the preferable option there... :lol:

Edited by ajh350z

^^ yea, exactly!

My parking spot is perfect at the moment (apart from birds :D ) as obviously no one car park on one side, and other side - parking space for other flat and they don't have a car, so nobody parks there either (that spot is not far enough from the tree either, already tried lol )