Non rev up 06 zed?!?!?

mattbrom

I've been cleaning my car today and took the plastic engine cover off to have a look around. I know there is a difference in the cam variable timing on the rev ups now I've been google'ing and from what I understand is my engine is a non rev up?! But how is this so? Or am I completely wrong? The car was advertised as a 350z gt 300hp

Here is a picture of the front of the engine. 6y8epyva.jpg

So I also went through the service book to to confirm it actually is a 06 car. The dealer has wrote in the warrenty book with the date 15/05/06 and the car has 11 miles on it.

agebebaz.jpg

So why isn't mine a rev up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mattbrom

Where does the redline start on the rev counter? If it's 6500 it's a non-revup car, if it's 7000 then it's a revup car.

Your car is very close to the cut off date for the revups.

Mine was earlier 03/05/2006 and is a revup with 7000 redline

Where does the redline start on the rev counter? If it's 6500 it's a non-revup car, if it's 7000 then it's a revup car.

Your car is very close to the cut off date for the revups.

Mine was earlier 03/05/2006 and is a revup with 7000 redline

I don't know what's happened then?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did you buy the car? If it was recently, you may still have some recourse with the dealer..

You should be £210 cheaper on tax and you've a smidge more torque if that helps.. :shrug:

Same tax as a rev-up as it was registered after 01/04/06 :(

When did you buy the car? If it was recently, you may still have some recourse with the dealer..

You should be £210 cheaper on tax and you've a smidge more torque if that helps.. :shrug:

Road tax will be at the higher level if it was registered after 23/03/06

Same tax as a rev-up as it was registered after 01/04/06 :(

Never spotted that.. Balls.

Road tax will be at the higher level if it was registered after 23/03/06

Yes' Attak my April 2006 reg DE is in the higher tax band, without any of the upgrades of the Revup

but not to worry I still love my Zed.its only 2 tank full of fuel over a year more . :thumbs:

Edited by WhackyWill

I can see why you're peeved. My 2004 GT has the same power as yours, costs less to tax I'm assuming, and I can guarantee it cost alot less too.

I would give them a call mate and have a word. If they have advertised it as a Rev Up and it isn't then you have grounds. If however it was an off the cuff remark by the salesman stating "Yes Sir, this car has 500BHP and clocked 4 minutes at the 'Ring!!!" then I don't know what you can do really.

Salesman are BSers and will say anything to get you to stump up your hard earned. That's why you research yourself before hand. The amount of people that think they have a 'GT GTi M Sport Rev Up Turbo Type R Ford Fiesta RS' is probably surprisingly high.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk