Using QD as a drying guide?

Stu_2424

After some advice from the experts on here.

Ive got some DoDo Juice Red Mist Tropical on its way and wondered how its used best as an aid when drying?

Is it as simple as spray it onto the already wet panel and dry with towel?

Thanks

I use Chemical Guys Speed Wipe as a drying aid, which adds gloss, protection and an anti static finish and is completely smear free which means I don't need to buff afterwards. Just spray on the wet panel before you dry it, Red Mist may need buffing after, I've never used it.

You need ilogikal1, I'd bet he'd know the answer. ;)

Sorry not much help I know. :dots:

You called? :D

Red Mist doesn't work as a drying aid, it's more a fast curing spray sealant and doesn't mix with water.

But when using a water based QD then yes it would just be a case of misting over the wet panel and then towel dry.

• Like 2

You need ilogikal1, I'd bet he'd know the answer. ;)

Sorry not much help I know. :dots:

You called? :D

Red Mist doesn't work as a drying aid, it's more a fast curing spray sealant and doesn't mix with water.

But when using a water based QD then yes it would just be a case of misting over the wet panel and then towel dry.

Thanks for the response :)

So the car should be dried and then sprayed with red mist tropical as then buffed off with a microfibre cloth?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the car should be dried and then sprayed with red mist tropical as then buffed off with a microfibre cloth?

Thanks

Yep. On a dry panel, spray on (sparingly) and then buff off. Alternatively you can spray onto a cloth, wipe onto the dry panel and then buff with a dry cloth if you prefer.

Thanks

Yep. On a dry panel, spray on (sparingly) and then buff off. Alternatively you can spray onto a cloth, wipe onto the dry panel and then buff with a dry cloth if you prefer.

Sorry just saw your reply, thanks for the direction.

Can you recommend a water based QD to use during drying?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry just saw your reply, thanks for the direction.

Can you recommend a water based QD to use during drying?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The two mentioned above are both good choices - Chemical Guys Speed Wipe & Valet Pro Citrus Bling - Megs Last Touch & Finish Kare 425 are the other twon which spring to mind. I'm sure there's plenty more, but they're the ones I've tried and found to work well as both drying aids and QD's.

If you're just looking for an outright drying aid though - Dodo Juice Time to Dry or even Demon Shine Spray on Shine works well and is relatively cheap.

Yep Meguiars Last Touch is spot on for a "Drying Aid", I have a bottle mixed up at a rate of about 20% QD 80% Water. Wash and rinse the car(s) quick spritz with the QD Drying aid, then dry off. Always given a lovely shine and is just the job if you only want to do a quick wash without having to Wax, etc.

And its relatively cheap if you buy it by the 5L

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of quick questions regarding Quick Detailers...

When you are planning to wax after a wash would you use the QD as a drying aid or would this lead to the wax not applying properly ?

Also found out at Japfest yesterday I used a lot of Meguiars Quick Detailer to clean off the road muck. Would I have been better diluting this before I got there to use less product??

I've never had any issues with Waxing after using QD as a drying aid and been using this method for years with a variety of waxes. If I go to the shows and need to clean off the car, again I use the QD with about the same mix ratio 80% water to 20% QD......never fails.