Happy days! Hard work pays off :)

Vlad

Just thought I would share my little evening happy moment

I'm an ATM enginner. Last year my company gone bust so another company bought us.

Last week I got asked to go to work in Norwich area (usualy cover coventry/leicester) for 2 days, which I agreed to... as all expenses paid and had nothing planned for the evenings at home.

On 2nd day, when i was leaving Norwich area, i received a phone call from local manager thanking me for the help and he said that he will send me some "award points"... Being a new company, I never heard about it... he explained that basically I can use award points to purchase stuff on that NCR award website.... But he did say that i would need quite few points to get something decent.

He awarded me 800 points... I thought a) 800 points will probably get me a pen or something and b)that usually there are no decent stuff on that sort of scheme anyway.

Long story short - 800 points was enough for me to buy Kacher K2 pressure washer and get £20 argos voucher(which will go towards buying show-foam lance)! Nothing major...but wanted a pressure washer for looong time, so I can use show foam.... been a bit skint recently - so this helped quite a lot :)

Might offer them to cover Norwich every week :lol: :lol:

• Like 5

Very nice. :wiggle:

Wish my employer appreciated the hard work me & my colleague do. :(

You get paid! That's thanks enough, lol!

I do get paid yes but not for all the over time we end up doing because the boss is rubbish at time management. :thumbdown:

Haha stuarty, are you his boss by any chance? :lol:

Bl**dy sounds like it, ....Lloyd is that you?!! :scare::dry::surrender:

• Like 1

Very nice. :wiggle:

Wish my employer appreciated the hard work me & my colleague do. :(

You get paid! That's thanks enough, lol!

I do get paid yes but not for all the over time we end up doing because the boss is rubbish at time management. :thumbdown:

Haha stuarty, are you his boss by any chance? :lol:

Bl**dy sounds like it, ....Lloyd is that you?!! :scare::dry::surrender:

only joking guys. People work hard and should get paid for overtime. I work in NHS and although I never do any overtime, the guys i work with do and always get paid for it at enhanced rates.

only joking guys. People work hard and should get paid for overtime. I work in NHS and although I never do any overtime, the guys i work with do and always get paid for it at enhanced rates.

We don't get paid overtime ~ we get time in lieu. But it's bo**ocks because we never get to take the time off that we are owed as there is a constant stream of incoming work. It's hard enough at times just to get our paid holidays off when we want. :byebye:

I work in research & product design development as an advanced manufacturer so some of the clients we deal with are high profile which obviously means we can't afford to let them down by not meeting deadlines for work completion. It's an interesting & rewarding job which I love but because there are only a few of us involved with this overtime is often required of us regardless of whether we get paid for it or not.

Plus I don't get paid that well for my normal hours of work anyway but that should be changing soon providing my boss keeps to his word. *fingers crossed* :huh:

We don't get paid overtime ~ we get time in lieu. But it's bo**ocks because we never get to take the time off that we are owed as there is a constant stream of incoming work. It's hard enough at times just to get our paid holidays off when we want. :byebye:

I work in research & product design development as an advanced manufacturer so some of the clients we deal with are high profile which obviously means we can't afford to let them down by not meeting deadlines for work completion. It's an interesting & rewarding job which I love but because there are only a few of us involved with this overtime is often required of us regardless of whether we get paid for it or not.

Plus I don't get paid that well for my normal hours of work anyway but that should be changing soon providing my boss keeps to his word. *fingers crossed* :huh:

sounds interesting mate. Hopefully you get the pay rise you deserve. I'm an Environmental Health officer but haven't worked in that field for years. Worked part time in NHS for 18 years now only on Saturdays and Sundays. I'm just about finished a post grad in occupational safety and health, so I'll be hopefully taking on a job in that field soon. But I'll keep my weekend job going because I really enjoy it.

sounds interesting mate. Hopefully you get the pay rise you deserve. I'm an Environmental Health officer but haven't worked in that field for years. Worked part time in NHS for 18 years now only on Saturdays and Sundays. I'm just about finished a post grad in occupational safety and health, so I'll be hopefully taking on a job in that field soon. But I'll keep my weekend job going because I really enjoy it.

It's very interesting and I'm really hoping I do get the pay rise obviously. :D:yahoo:

Good luck with the "post grad" but I feel we're taking Vlads thread a little off topic now. :dry: Back to topic, ...Vlad you're a jammy git. :lol::)

Vlad - for being an epic source of amusement to me I award you 10 award points on the Zed Shed scheme -

If you cash it in it should get you about half a cup of coffee when you eventually come down :)

• Like 2

Well done vlad

All too often these days companies take advantage of the economic climate with ... It's expected of you, you're lucky to have a job, if you don't want to do it I'll find someone who does etc etc

It's refreshing and well deserved to hear of someone being appreciated :thumbs: