Its Official The 350Z is now a SuperCar.

You sure she didn't confuse it with the super mini parking. You'll turn up and find you're directed left with the micro's and aygo's

Na !! :scare: :scare:

Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2014 12:23 PM

To: Global Network

Subject: RE: Supercar Entry List.

Good afternoon Will.

Thank you for your email.

We would be delighted to have your 350Z in our supercar parking.

Please mention when booking that this has been authorised by me.

We look forward to welcoming you to Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Kindest Regards

Tracey Westlake

Senior Executive Goodwood.

01243 755 055

• 2 weeks later...

haha interesting.

I've got to be honest I just don't find "supercars" particularly appealing anyway, not sure why? Maybe it's because its an unacheivable car for me to own I dunno.

All I know is a ferrari can drive past me and I'll barely look twice, a modded jap car and I get all exited haha....

I think the shape and style of the Z is still good enough to attract attention, even if it's parked next to cars worth 100X its value.

• Like 1

No but neither is a standard Porsche or a Jag but we seem to hear more about them than z's on this forum!

Just because the z is now relatively cheap it doesn't make it any less of a car. Clearly Will doesn't actually think a z is a 200k supercar. It's merely a bit of fun.

Maybe I just have a bee in my bonnet about the daily z hating posts I read on here

• Like 5

No but neither is a standard Porsche or a Jag but we seem to hear more about them than z's on this forum!

Just because the z is now relatively cheap it doesn't make it any less of a car. Clearly Will doesn't actually think a z is a 200k supercar. It's merely a bit of fun.

Maybe I just have a bee in my bonnet about the daily z hating posts I read on here

+1 I realise a lot of the time the porsche, jag comments are tongue in cheek but it does get a bit boring. You don't expect to join a forum to get you're car slagged at every opportunity

• Like 1

+1 I realise a lot of the time the porsche, jag comments are tongue in cheek but it does get a bit boring. You don't expect to join a forum to get you're car slagged at every opportunity

Not just me then? And there I was thinking I am just being miserable!!

@will - sorry to hijack! Not my purpose.. Will not say anymore on the matter. I will look out for your z at GWFOS

Edited by WINKJ
  • Like 1

Not just me then? And there I was thinking I am just being miserable!!

not just you but I didn't say I'm not miserable :lol:

If you can point me out one single post where I, or anyone else, has said that a standard Jag or Porker is a supercar, I'll buy you a 10kg tub of Jelly Babies.

Also, if you bother to read my posts on this thread, or anywhere else, you'll see I talk the 350Z up as a bloody good car and that I'd take one over the many rivals. But of course, that would take time and effort, and it's far easier to take the lazy route and simply state that anyone who no longer owns a Zed but still sticks around because this is a great place to be must hate all Zeds and always puts them down.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

• Like 2

Just got to jump on Ekonas post here as well, the Zed is a fantastic car for the money .......... but dont kid yourself it can run with cars that cost £10's of K more, because it cant and doesnt.

If we take a C4S, a Jag XKR and a 350Z from 2006, the list prices were £72K, £69K and £25K. Depreciation means that all 3 cars are now roughly in the same price bracket but dont fool yourself that they are equal, the Porsche cost nearly 3 times as much to start with!

Funnily enough I get the same grief on SXOC for describing the Z33 as a better car than an S14. Is that because Im a hater, or because I live in the real world and am able to remove my rose tinted specs?

Edited by docwra
  • Like 1

Just got to jump on Ekonas post here as well, the Zed is a fantastic car for the money .......... but dont kid yourself it can run with cars that cost £10's of K more, because it cant and doesnt.

If we take a C4S, a Jag XKR and a 350Z from 2006, the list prices were £72K, £69K and £25K. Depreciation means that all 3 cars are now roughly in the same price bracket but dont fool yourself that they are equal, the Porsche cost nearly 3 times as much to start with!

Funnily enough I get the same grief on SXOC for describing the Z33 as a better car than an S14. Is that because Im a hater, or because I live in the real world and am able to remove my rose tinted specs?

Nobody is claiming it is better than any of those cars listed. Nor do we question the value. In my opinion I just don't need to be reminded how the z doesn't stack up to these cars on a regular basis... I never said it did in the first place. Just tired of hearing the negative on a z enthusiast forum!

• Like 3

Nobody is claiming it is better than any of those cars listed. Nor do we question the value. In my opinion I just don't need to be reminded how the z doesn't stack up to these cars on a regular basis... I never said it did in the first place. Just tired of hearing the negative on a z enthusiast forum!

same here, I have never said the zed is better than anything, yes those cars are in the same price bracket and the c4s will out handle my 370, speed wise they are very similar to me but the zed is a much nicer place to be and they dont come with the "porsche paranoia" ims, rms, etc

I am well versed in most cars capabilities and I am aware of the compromises that have been made in the production of the zed, it was built to a smaller budget !

I was on the porsche forum for 4 yrs and I never heard anyone being negative about the marque

• Like 1

same here, I have never said the zed is better than anything, yes those cars are in the same price bracket and the c4s will out handle my 370, speed wise they are very similar to me but the zed is a much nicer place to be and they dont come with the "porsche paranoia" ims, rms, etc

I am well versed in most cars capabilities and I am aware of the compromises that have been made in the production of the zed, it was built to a smaller budget !

I was on the porsche forum for 4 yrs and I never heard anyone being negative about the marque

Poor old Marmite got a rough time on here when I first joined all they did was take the pi55 out of her

gold wheels..!!! :scare: :scare:

Poor old Marmite got a rough time on here when I first joined all they did was take the pi55 out of her

gold wheels..!!! :scare: :scare:

Your car has gold wheels :scare::scare: