Tarmac Sportz Bonnet Dampers

glrnet

These arrived from Chris at Tarmac yesterday so I fitted them today. I particularly wanted a non carbon set as I will no doubt spray the bodies blue or silver :D

photo1-6.jpg

So here are some close ups of all the component parts

photo2-6.jpg

photo3-6.jpg

photo4-5.jpg

photo5-6.jpg

photo4-4-1.jpg

photo1-4-3.jpg

Really straight forward to fit, remove the brake fluid and battery covers together with their surrounds. Remove the two bolts (one either side of the engine bay) discard these and remove the front most nut on the bonnet hinges. Fit the the top mounts onto the bonnet hinge bolt. Fit the top fixings of the dampers to the new top mounts. Use the countersunk bolt (more about this in a bit) to secure the lower damper mounts to the front wings, these replace the two bolts discarded earlier. Fit the the lower damper fixings to the lower mounts and replace the brake fluid and battery cover plastic surrounds. The surrounds fit perfectly over the lower fixings because of the countersunk bolts, so no need to trim plastic surrounds to fit. I also like the non metallic ball joints receptacle so very little chance of rust as experienced with other kit.

photo3-4-1.jpg

photo4-3-1.jpg

photo3-3-2.jpg

photo5-3-1.jpg

photo2-2-3.jpg

photo1-1-5.jpg

photo2-1-4.jpg

photo3-7.jpg

photo1-7.jpg

A doddle to fit, took me no more than half an hour or so, all in all seems like a good bit of kit :) I'm sure Mr Tarmac will be along soon with more details :thumbs:

• 9 months later...

Hi. Are these still available in carbon?

Thank you's

I only had Black and they all sold out over the weekend sorry

Strictly speaking we can't do these on our 370z can we

I know this is a 50

There are 370 ones available but they are not a popular mod as I think a bit of cutting is involved of the plastic in the engine bay

Thanks guys

• 3 weeks later...

These arrived from Chris at Tarmac yesterday so I fitted them today. I particularly wanted a non carbon set as I will no doubt spray the bodies blue or silver :D

This from the man that keeps telling me I have GREEN issues :doh:

This from the man that keeps telling me I have GREEN issues :doh:

Not any more!!! :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...